Cant believe what I accidentally did to my cat last night

glenman12

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
about 10:30 last night I decide to go to bed...I was going to get the coffee ready for the morning but the cannister on the counter top was empty..opened the pantry door and got out the 2lb can of coffee, refilled the canister and got the coffee ready..the can was empty so as I was walking to the laundry room door to the garage to put it in the recycle bin I slam closed the pantry door and went up to bed..

Woke up about 5:10 and decided to go back to sleep..I wake up at 6:20 and start going downstairs and Im wondering why my older cat (5yrs) wasnt on my bed trying to wake me up to feed because he does that 95% of the time..I see the younger one (2yrs) and hes meowing to be fed..as Im coming down the hall I hear the noise of papers being rustled in the kitchen..right away I think the older cat had turned over the garbage even though he had never done that before..I walk into the kitchen and see sheds up paper and such from underneath the pantry door..I open the door and there he is on back clawing at the door (he's a front declaw)..I picked him up, held him like a baby and sat on the livingroom couch for 10 mins apologizing to him...turns out that when I walked by the pantry and slammed the door shut on my way to the laundry room, he had gone in there and I didnt see him..

He seems no worse for the wear as he ate well in the morning and evening, pestered for snacks and play fought a few times with his little brother..also laid down on the couch with me a few times..so I guess Im forgiven..what was nice is that today is his little brothers Bday so a while ago they had some finely cut up pieces of turkey breast which they gladly devoured..

aeevr

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ha! I did that recently, but for like 10 minutes.

Took me a while to figure out where that meow was coming from.

My girl has a set of lungs on her.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think most cats get locked in a cupboard at some point, mine love sneaking into the linen press and snoozing on the kitten blankets. They'll generally meow if they want to come out 

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I did that with Jack for 2 1/2 hours!!. I went into town and he'd snuck into the wardrobe as l was getting dressed. When he didn't come to see me l went on a search and it was only when l called his name l heard his faint meow.

He forgave me though

tinkermiss

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think I win the worst Meowmy award! I locked my beautiful girl Mischief in the bathroom wall. 
. Yes I said wall.

When we first moved in to this apartment we had a hole under our bathroom sink where the superintenant (sp?) was fixing the pipes. Well I left the bathroom door open when moving some things in. I didn't see Mischief go by me. Well the super knocked on the door and brought the little plastic piece to close that hole yet still removable in case of any further repairs having to be done. Well I put that piece in.

The next day a full 24 hours later I was finishing the unpacking in the bathroom when I hear the saddest little meow I have ever heard. I look all around thinking one of the cats was hiding in a box that I stacked. It's happened before 
. Well I bent down under the sink reaching for something and I heard the meow even louder. I looked around my apartment and saw only 2 cats instead of the three. Realized Mischief was missing. I go back into the bathroom removed the plastic piece. (it was secured from the outside) and out comes Mischief. She was so dirty and mad at me. I would be too. I checked her out to make she wasn't hurt at all. Afterall there were some jagged pieces of broken tile. I called the vet to be on the safe side. Was told to make sure she got plenty to drink and to give her a bath. I think Mischief hated me more for the bath than locking her in that small space. I took her up to the vet and I was crying the whole time. I felt so bad! After a physical the doctor found that she had a small piece of tile in her pad. Gave her an antibiotic for precautionary measures.

A year and a bit later I have been forgiven and ALWAYS keep the bathroom door shut. And that plastic piece has NEVER been taken off

ibiscribe

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Aww poor kitties.

Really it sounds like Mischief was just living up to her name. :)

I (or possibly my mother) accidentally shut Ana in the laundry room once. I suspect she was hiding in the shelves we used as our pantry. The pantry door was the type that slides sideways, and it creeped me out a bit when I was younger. The reason being that it was a very heavy door, so if you pushed on it it didn't really move at all. But at times it would make these thudding sounds like something was shaking it--and I wasn't the only one who noticed or thought it was creepy: our big tough German Shepherd, Murphy, would slink away and hide in the hallway if she heard it. :p

So I was sitting in the living room and I hear the door making its typical thud, thud, thud sound, and I thought "gosh that's just so creepy." And then all of a sudden it got ten times louder and faster. Thudthudthud! I ran into the kitchen to see what was going on, because I was determined to find out what was making it do that (and almost suspected it was something paranormal), and--well, there was this big three-inch semicircular hole, like a mousehole, on the bottom of the door--Ana has stuck her arm through the hole and was playing "catch the imaginary mouse". XD I opened the door and she looked up at me with these bright happy eyes and told me all about it. She didn't care at all that she'd been shut in for the past ten minutes, she'd been having way too much fun.

I didn't let her go in the laundry room again, after finding all the fur in our clean laundry. Plus she'd just about scared the pee out of the dog. But she didn't forget about that mouse hole, and sometimes when I'd open the door I'd find one of their toy mice on the other side of the hole after someone had batted it through.

kittiei

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've locked my kitten outside overnight once.  She must have run out (which she tends to do even though she is strictly an indoor cat) when I was letting the dog in before bed. I didn't even realize she was in the room, let alone that she had snuck outside. I went to bed and in the morning when she wasn't outside the bedroom door, I went looking. I was calling her name and I could hear her crying but I couldn't figure out where it was coming from.  Then the dog started barking and jumping up and down at the door, not her typical way of asking to go out. That's when I saw poor little Stormy at the window. When I opened the door, she bolted inside.  Luckily it was a warm night and she was just fine, it was just the backyard and we have a high fence, since she was just little she couldn't have made it over the fence. I felt so bad though. Unfortunately it hasn't stopped her from trying to run out everytime we open the door.  But now I make sure I know where she is before I go to bed and before I leave the house...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

glenman12

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
lucky for you kittiei..mine got out about 3 yrs ago and was gone for 4 months..lucky for me he was chipped..but still to this day, when that front door is opened, if he's awake he's right there..