Canned salmon OK as a treat?

banana queen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My kitties have had canned salmon, as well as tuna, on occasion, just a little bit, one small can between all four cats. They love it. I generally go for the kind that is packed in water.

When it was hot a few weeks ago, I mixed water and a bit of the juice from a tin of fish into an ice cube tray, froze it and gave it them to play with. They loved it.

Havent tried sardines yet, but I bet they will like that too.

queengancy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We always caught fish out of our Ponds and when the Stores had canned Mackerel on sale we would buy that an they LOVED it. The Cats were healthy and lived until Owls findly killed them and they never had any health problems, so yes feed them fish. Btw they like fried frog legs also lol

queengancy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We have a stray cat and every time she has kittens they don't make it, so this time we started feeding her Salmon with her Cat food and Mama Cat has the healthiest kittens that she's had so far and their around a month and a half old and looking great. The Cat is wild so the only thing we can do is to make sure she eats good.

alisad1981

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Elmo & Sophie get salmon when their wet food has run out and I can't be bothered to go to the shop to get any more. Luckily that's only every few months.
I have a cat named Elmo, and I just adopted a cat and named her Sophie. THAT. IS. FREAKY. :-D