Canned/Freeze Dried Raw.... Litter box and Puking Issues.

ArmineC

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We just switched our 8 month old siamese from grain free kibble / canned to Stella & Chewy's Raw freeze dried. It's been WONDERFUL. I had run out of his kibble, so I started right away with no gradual transition. He loved the chicken one (only one I've bought so far) and took to it right away. I do not rehydrate, but he drinks plenty of water throughout the day. He has pooped once in the first 3 days and the smell was barely noticeable. This was a huge improvement from his pooping twice a day with strong odor. We feed him twice a day and he loves it, has been more active and seems more content. He also looks less bloated maybe, because I doubt he's actually lost body fat this quickly but looks slimmer around the belly. This food is not cheap but it's really night and day with the results and worth every penny. I was skeptical whether changing diet would actually resolve the odor issue, but it has been immediate and we get to enjoy the cat more without stressing when he poops. I recommend getting your cat on to raw only... and the freeze dried is so convenient.

lisamarie12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We just switched our 8 month old siamese from grain free kibble / canned to Stella & Chewy's Raw freeze dried. It's been WONDERFUL. I had run out of his kibble, so I started right away with no gradual transition. He loved the chicken one (only one I've bought so far) and took to it right away. I do not rehydrate, but he drinks plenty of water throughout the day.
Although feeding freeze dried raw dry, as a snack occasionally, isn't an issue, freeze dried raw as meals are intended to be reconstituted, cats don't eat anything dry in nature. I definitely wouldn't rely on whatever amount of water you see your kitten consuming throughout the day as far as ensuring your kitten is consuming sufficient water.

I'm glad your kitten is doing well on SC freeze dried raw, however, I would strongly encourage you to hydrate the meals.