Canker sore...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

junebugbear07

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

Oddly enough, I happened to hear a little bit of "Doctor Radio" on Sirius radio last night. One of the doctor hosts said he had a canker sore, and while they were on the air, they had a call from Dr. Lee, who produces a remedy for canker sores. Keep in mind, these are doctors from a reputable teaching hospital (University of New York?) who were acquainted with the product already, and said it works well.

Here's a link:

http://www.edentalstuff.com/CankerSore.html
Thanks! Im going to look for that stuff at the store. I think mine is going to take at least another week as it is bigger than 1cm...almost an inch! Once they are gone, I am going to try the stuff to prevent this from happening, I cant function correctly with my mouth in so much pain. If any of this works I will let you all know!

Strangewings---yah I use carmex or w/e its called, but its so bad i put it on every hour, my problem is I lick my lips a lot and that is how they get chapped...i think, but I may try to not use the chapstick and not lick my lips either...which will be hard! lol

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by JuneBugBear07

Strangewings---yah I use carmex or w/e its called, but its so bad i put it on every hour, my problem is I lick my lips a lot and that is how they get chapped...i think, but I may try to not use the chapstick and not lick my lips either...which will be hard! lol
Carmex can make them worse. Try finding something more natural like the Burt's bees or a similar brand or go without. It'll take a week or so for your lips to recover and you'll still occasionally get chapped lips but they shouldn't get as bad as they currently do with the carmex.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

junebugbear07

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

Carmex can make them worse. Try finding something more natural like the Burt's bees or a similar brand or go without. It'll take a week or so for your lips to recover and you'll still occasionally get chapped lips but they shouldn't get as bad as they currently do with the carmex.
Thanks! I will try that out, i went like half a day without chapstick....it was very difficult! I think i am getting addicted...

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I got some Kanka and I need to tell you it's pretty great. I used it in conjunction with Canker Cover (see pic). Three words in closing - Money well spent!

However , IF I could only afford one , I would choose Kanka. (But I think it's a great idea to buy both)

However I'm guessing Canker Cover will not be so effective if a canker is on one's tongue.