Canidae Discontinuing Some/all Of The Pure Line :(

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Emailed Canidae with that request, maggie101 maggie101 . Hoping everyone reading this thread will do the same. It's very quick and easy when you click on the link on your #14 post above. If we all do this, we may be able to convince them not to discontinue these important foods. Thanks in advance to all who take a couple of minutes to do this.

We're going to have to make adjustments in the time to come, too, because of Drs. Foster & Smith shutting down. I was able to make a large buy before they did, but that will run out eventually, and there will be no more of their branded foods, which the furmily really enjoys. They made excellent foods and offered them for excellent prices, so it's a double blow to us. I'm having to pay well over 3 times as much for foods of good quality now.

Jcatbird Jcatbird , hoping every day brings a little improvement in how you feel/move! It's very difficult to endure, especially when you have a lot of boxes to scoop, many mouths to feed, and a lot of snorgles to bestow on the most deserving of "kitties" ;):winkcat::lovecat2: but it does look like you are getting excellent care by the nursing "staff" at Chez Catbird :cutecat::kneading::lovecat3::zzzcat::lovecat4::cutecat::kneading::lovecat3::zzzcat::lovecat4::happycat::cutecat::kneading::lovecat3::zzzcat::lovecat4::cutecat::kneading::lovecat3::zzzcat::happycat::cutecat::kneading::lovecat3::zzzcat::lovecat4::lovecat2:
And per your comment, yes, we call that "paying the rent" for the privilege of being given the gift of our lives and the many opportunities we have while here for joy, comfort, happiness, love, and sharing.:catrub:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Save a kitty with an email everyone!
To anyone reading this, the food mentioned above is needed!

maggie101 maggie101
I emailed them too! I tried to make them understand that the knowledge about their product, if shared on a website dedicated to a large contingency of cat lovers and rescuers, could produce a large increase in the sales of these products. I also explained the difficulties in finding safe, digestible food for compromised kitties. The cats cannot just “switch foods” because the ingredients are specific to the needs of the cats. If marketed as specific to particular needs it may find a large niche to fill and therefore, produce quantity sales. I am hoping that approaching this from a dollar point of view may help. :dunno: I said everything that I could think of that might appeal to them as a business and as pet product producers. We’ll hope and maybe others will follow suit here. I would do this for others and I’m sure you would too. It only takes a minute to email.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Save a kitty with an email everyone!
To anyone reading this, the food mentioned above is needed!

maggie101 maggie101
I emailed them too! I tried to make them understand that the knowledge about their product, if shared on a website dedicated to a large contingency of cat lovers and rescuers, could produce a large increase in the sales of these products. I also explained the difficulties in finding safe, digestible food for compromised kitties. The cats cannot just “switch foods” because the ingredients are specific to the needs of the cats. If marketed as specific to particular needs it may find a large niche to fill and therefore, produce quantity sales. I am hoping that approaching this from a dollar point of view may help. :dunno: I said everything that I could think of that might appeal to them as a business and as pet product producers. We’ll hope and maybe others will follow suit here. I would do this for others and I’m sure you would too. It only takes a minute to email.
You can't *hit them in the feels* when they HAVE no feels, Jcatbird Jcatbird . You're so right -- bottom line with these corporations is all about the $$$. Good on ya!:yess::yeah:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have searched a long time and cannot find a canned food with the same ingredients no allergens. Not going raw

Thanks@jcatbird! I hope more people respond
Have you tried Rawz or Pure Vita? I actually tried the Canidae turkey one because my Ibd kitty will only eat Rawz without issue. She will eat the Canidae but the agar agar gives her stomach discomfort. So Rawz is probably a better food in that respect. But it isn’t shreds like Canidae. They do have shredded varieties. Just not in the turkey that Krista can tolerate. But maybe you can find a shreds or pate yours likes. Rawz will also send samples because I know how hard they can be to find and who wants to order a case without trying it first?

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you tried Rawz or Pure Vita? I actually tried the Canidae turkey one because my Ibd kitty will only eat Rawz without issue. She will eat the Canidae but the agar agar gives her stomach discomfort. So Rawz is probably a better food in that respect. But it isn’t shreds like Canidae. They do have shredded varieties. Just not in the turkey that Krista can tolerate. But maybe you can find a shreds or pate yours likes. Rawz will also send samples because I know how hard they can be to find and who wants to order a case without trying it first?
She did not like rawz. Haven't tried pure vita

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
So my picky boy Alasdair LOVES these, and this is the last of our stash
View attachment 271972
I've had a really hard time getting more for the last month or two. A lady at Petco swore they were probably just updating the packaging, but I got a bad feeling so I finally wrote to Canidae and got the news: These are being discontinued.

:bawling:

Fffffffffffffff !!!!!
Replying town old thread, canidae chaparrel canyon is back. Hopefully more!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought a some on Amazon this week. They are already sold out. I emailed the company and asked if anymore will be back
maggie101 maggie101 just a suggestion, but since I see you're in a big city, you can order online from Petco(dot)com, set up auto-delivery at your preferred frequency, and get a discount on the food. We get all our cat supplies from them -- convenient, affordable, and reliable.