Cancer of 3rd eyelid? Vibes please!

bluerexbear

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am sorry that it was cancer afterall. Blue has two places on his neck right now and the vet suspects skin cancer...but I am not ready to get them removed because Blue has gone through so much with hyperthyroid, diarrhea, and weight loss. I just think he would struggle to recover and could die as a result of having them removed. I agree with you...if it comes back, I would likely not subject her to it all over again (depending on her age at the time and the location of it on her body). That is the sucky thing about cancer...whether in an animal or a human...once you have it, it is likely to come back somewhere else at some point.
Have I mentioned lately that I HATE CANCER? It has taken too many people and animals that I love!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BlueRexBear

I am sorry that it was cancer afterall. Blue has two places on his neck right now and the vet suspects skin cancer...but I am not ready to get them removed because Blue has gone through so much with hyperthyroid, diarrhea, and weight loss. I just think he would struggle to recover and could die as a result of having them removed. I agree with you...if it comes back, I would likely not subject her to it all over again (depending on her age at the time and the location of it on her body). That is the sucky thing about cancer...whether in an animal or a human...once you have it, it is likely to come back somewhere else at some point.
Have I mentioned lately that I HATE CANCER? It has taken too many people and animals that I love!
Thank you. It totally sux......

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so happy to hear it was removed. Try to rejoice in the successful surgery and hope and pray it does not return.

I will keep you all in my prayers.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry to hear it is SCC, it really isn't a nice cancer. I hope that it doesn't return though, and if it does, then you will have to decide what to do then. My neighbours cat had to have his eye removed due to cancer, and it was only a couple of months after he had had an op for thyriod cancer and he coped really well.

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's good that the surgery went well, and that your kitty has such strong backing - from the vet, and the vet school, and most especially you. I will pray that you and Lil Bit beat the odds on this form of cancer.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Lil Bit is so pretty!! I will pray for you and Lil Bit that this cancer does not affect her eye too. Hopefully it is all gone now and she will beat the odds

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone
We appreciate all your thoughts and prayers.