Cancer/lump?

Vsokic

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,
I have a question regarding lumps on cats. My cat had a small lump on its leg, firm to touch and quite small. We took him to the vet, he ruptured it and a lot of blood started coming out. The cat has also ruptured it once by itself and lost a lot of blood. Since then, my cat's general health started to go downhill. Now he refuses to eat, throws up, has slightly elevated fever and does not move much. I'm interested if someone has had a simillar experience and knows what that lump could be. We cannot sedate him and operate because he's 15 yrs old.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Lumps could be anything, without the vet biopsying it there isn't a way to know if the lump is coincidence or cause of the other symptoms. Even with your cats age, light sedation might be an option or basic blood work to see if that can tell you anything. The best bet is to talk with your vet or get a second option about options moving forward.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That almost sounds like an abscess of some sort, which is an infection contained in a small sac under the skin. If it has ruptured more than one, some of the infection may have gotten into his system. Ask your vet if it was an abscess, and if he might need an antibiotic.