Canadian TV Special - Pet Food

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I just watched this at lunch (
my cable box recorder). I too was a little bit disappointed. It pretty much dissed every single type of food and then gave us absolutely no help on what we should be feeding AND made the comment that Vets have no clue as well. So what…we are screwed? I am so confused now as to what to feed my guys. I am thinking just their normal food and then adding some meat I would eat or something? I donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t know, Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m confused now lol.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by BaloneysMom

I just watched this at lunch (
my cable box recorder). I too was a little bit disappointed. It pretty much dissed every single type of food and then gave us absolutely no help on what we should be feeding AND made the comment that Vets have no clue as well. So what…we are screwed? I am so confused now as to what to feed my guys. I am thinking just their normal food and then adding some meat I would eat or something? I donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t know, Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m confused now lol.
Some vets have a clue and their numbers are growing...

THERE IS NO one PERFECT food for all CATS

?? s to think about when picking out food

DO you have any issues ?? If so what are they?

Is the current food keeping them healthy and in the shape you want them and the vet checks are good ??

Are there ingredients that after doing your research you WILL or WONT feed?

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Some vets have a clue and their numbers are growing...

THERE IS NO one PERFECT food for all CATS

?? s to think about when picking out food

DO you have any issues ?? If so what are they?

Is the current food keeping them healthy and in the shape you want them and the vet checks are good ??

Are there ingredients that after doing your research you WILL or WONT feed?
I have done all of the above. But what scares me is that they said if you feed your cat any store bought food for the rest of their lives its like feeding your kid pizza everyday. Thatâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s not good. My cats are totally healthy, but coming from a family where obesity is common I understand that you can eat crap all of your life, be healthy, then when you hit your 40â€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s (I know its different in some cases, in my family itâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s the 40â€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s) or so you get really sick and Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ve experienced some really early deaths in my family due to eating crap. That just scared me.

I just wish they went into more detail about what to feed, or other options. It so hard to know what to do for your pets. I'm just so scared when they are older i will realize then i could have fed them something that could have added 5 years and i didn't do it.... I'm just a weird Mom LOL.

followedbydolls

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BaloneysMom

I have done all of the above. But what scares me is that they said if you feed your cat any store bought food for the rest of their lives its like feeding your kid pizza everyday. That’s not good. My cats are totally healthy, but coming from a family where obesity is common I understand that you can eat crap all of your life, be healthy, then when you hit your 40’s (I know its different in some cases, in my family it’s the 40’s) or so you get really sick and I’ve experienced some really early deaths in my family due to eating crap. That just scared me.

I just wish they went into more detail about what to feed, or other options. It so hard to know what to do for your pets. I'm just so scared when they are older i will realize then i could have fed them something that could have added 5 years and i didn't do it.... I'm just a weird Mom LOL.
I don't think your weird, i fully understand where your coming from. I'll be honest here, i raised 2 cats to 17 & 19 on nothing but cat chow & fancy feast... i never had an extra vet bill or any problems *shrug*

Am i saying that is the perfect answer? no way, but admit to struggling on what is the right choice, some days i miss my ignorance yeah the old saying and with all the bliss...

again i still feel that special did nothing to really help the average person out at all, just added more questions and confusion to already murky waters.

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by followedbydolls

again i still feel that special did nothing to really help the average person out at all, just added more questions and confusion to already murky waters.
Totally agree!