Can Your Kitty Open Cupboards?

fats mcgee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've only ever seen harriet open one cabinet: The bathroom under the sink cabinet.

I have NO idea why she opens that one. I think when she's "supervising" me in the bathroom she gets bored and opens it to see what's in it. Nothing,

she's such an odd kitty.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Scratch tries to open the fridge but is never successful. Squee is always trying to open the cupboard with the dry food in it but it's locked, don't tell her!
Scratch can open closed doors and is teaching her little sister to do the same!

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Right after reading this post last night, I went into my kitchen, and there was FLuffy, lying on the second shelf of my cabinet, using a loaf of bread for a pillow, after she hd grown tired of biting holes in the bag. There was one small plate balanced precariously where her majesty had moved it so she coul lay down.

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes! My Mollie opens all the cabinet doors and regularly goes in and out - so if I am in the living room, I hear Bump, bump...if she decides to "go exploring and sniffing" in the cabinets, it may be a while before she comes out!
Sophie distains such antics!

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You mean like this?

Scotty is the cabinet bandit. He usually only does it when we're sleeping in and we've left the master bathroom door open. Silly us! How could we forget! He does things like that and scratching on furniture to get our attention. Rarely because he just wants to.

Anyway, I shot that video at my old apartment and wanted to make it a little cooler but adding some appropriate music.
Enjoy!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LuckyGirl can open cupboards....even with baby locks on them. I have caught her doing just that....
I have resigned to just letting her be happy and sleep in my wok. No more chinese cooking for me!
That's the only thing she wants in my cabinets, to sleep in my wok.

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Radar only started to learn how to do this recently- we have to keep something heavy against the door to the cupboard under the sink as he likes to go in there and play with the plastic bags

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yup, Baylee's a pro at it. Except we just moved so she has to figure it out all over again... I give her a day.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Alley's favorite spot was to curl up under the bathroom sink cabinet. Whenever she would get mad at me, she'd walk in the bathroom and I'd hear the bathroom cabinet door slam behind her