Can you swim?

bigorangemenace

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I definitely cant swim

I just dont float for some reason.... Ive tried and tried and tried, but never have been able..

ONe thing I like to do though is sit in an innertube and float around on lakes.. I have a good backstroke but moving forward is liek impossible. :p

I can "swim" as in movement if I put it around my waist and kick my feet and move my hands....

I just love to sit in my tube though and "swim" from the shore to out where the water is deep...

though I do admit I get very nervous when I go out past where my feet can touch O_O

I also had chronic ear infections when I was a kid.. I still get them today but not as frequently (once every two months or so) To this day I cant stand under the shower, I have to just tilt my head back so my ears dont get under the water... water in my ears= ear infection

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yep, called Togs by me here!

And yes, I am a water baby, I love being in water so much, I prefer baths over showers, I MUST be in water every day in whatever shape or form. I guess I am addicted or was a mermaid in a past life!

royalenchntrss

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
i looove to swim!! we have a pool and i was so excited when we opened it up and got the new liner in so we could get in finally!! it was only 72 degrees when we got in.. brrrrr hahaha

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love to swim!
I was in swimming classes back when I was still in diapers. Really, they called it Diaper Dip!
I later became lifeguard certified. I haven't been swimming in a while. Sounds like a great idea!

ilovecats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry that happened.

I can swim great! I was in swim team two years, and won second place once.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can, and love to... would swim all the time if I could. Now my BF on the other hand can't swim and says he feels like his chest is caving in if he goes under water.... So he doesn't go in the water.... EVER!

luvmysphynx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My whole family can swim (me, husband and son). I put my son in swim lessons when was 2 years old. Living here in Michigan we are surrounded by lakes, we need to know how to swim!

shem

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

Oh and BTW they aren't 'swimming costumes' or 'bathing suits' they are TOGS!
Lol.. still remembers our conversation yesterday wellington

alexa

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My parents put my sister and I in a swim club when we were just babies - I got my first swim badge when I was 2 for being able to swim 10 metres

We also swam at school once a week - I think that was compulsory for everyone - except when "the painters were in"

catherine

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My mom can't swim at all. She'll get into the water but not if it goes above her neck.

My sisters and I had swimming lesson as children because we had a pool in the backyard. I'm not the best swimmer but I can hold my on.

My son was swimming without floaties by the age of 2. He would jump off the ladder, sink to the bottom and swim back to the ladder. NO FEAR!! He's 5 now and we call him "the fish", I guess he got that from my grandfather. He was a shrimper and used to take dips in the Gulf on hot summer days.

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can swim.....I have one question... why would you ever want to swim in Lake Erie!!!!! Eeewww!!!!!