Can you spare a few vibes for little ol me?

berylayn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ari - I still am waiting impatiently to hear how dinner with both rents went...

what a stressful weekend!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Quick note because I was supposed to have left 10 minutes ago to have breakfast with my parents...

The test went decently... if it would've been the real test, I would not have passed. But it's only the practice test and we're supposed to get an instructor to tell us how to actually pass it. I'm irrititated because a lot of the questions that I got wrong were because I second-guessed myself, you know? Anyway, I did decently for not studying and that'll motivate me to start studying now for the real test in May (since I know what to expect, how to study, etc).

Dinner with both parents went better than we both expected. The moms talked to each other and the dads talked to each other, so that was nice. There were a few topics that I wish we could've skipped (my mother tends to invite everyone she meets to her home country of Peru and I think most people could care less, but she's just proud of where she's from, you know?) and there was a few instances where my mother tried to talk to his father that didn't go so well (I don't think he could hear her, but either way it looked like he was trying to smile and nod his way out of what she was saying) but other than that, it went well. And after dinner we went back to my fiance's parent's house for a bit... it was a long 3 hours in all but everyone survived.
If anything I think they liked each other!

So that's that. Now I guess we have to actually start planning the wedding. Though my dad has upped a reward - saying that if we elope, he'll pay us $10K. (previously it was $5K)
I'd do it but my mom wouldn't like that... oh well.

Anyway, thanks for the vibes guys, I appreciate it...

And Beryl I like the new signature!

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's great, Ari! Now you'll know exactly where to focus in studying for your actual test!
I'm so happy everything went well with the parents meeting with the uncomfortable moments kept at a minimum. I bet you're so glad it's finally over!
LOL Your Dad! Eloping is sounding better and better!

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Great news Ari! Next time the parents meet it will be much easier as they'll know a bit about each other already. Phew! you must be glad that's over.

Glad the test wasn't too bad as well - let us know when the biggie comes up and we'll send lots of "pass the test" vibes for you.

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great News Ari!!!
Sounds like you should elope LOL. Your poor dad is all stressed about his wallet huh?

berylayn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ari - well it sounds like overall yesterday was not a terrible day. Dinner with your rents sounds a lot like our Thanksgiving dinner. The moms talked and the dads talked. Part of that was because of the way we did seating at Thanksgiving. AND at least they don't hate each other!! Always a plus. Even though you're dad is really trying to plus you two eloping, I think a small wedding in Hawaii is what you two really do want, and it will be gorgeous!!

As for the test -- this was your first experience with it, and like you said, you now have a better idea of how and what to study. We'll all be here to give you vibes for the real thing and cheer you on because I know you're going to pass it with flying colors!!

Have a great day with your family!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad to hear the test was overall a good experience, and the dinner wasn't too painful either