Can you remember???

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

taurus77

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Y'all remember a little too much from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Could you really be heroes in a half-shell, too?

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Taurus77

Y'all remember a little too much from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Could you really be heroes in a half-shell, too?
How about heroes with a "cat-smell"?
Originally Posted by lionessrampant

And an April!
I nearly forgot about her.

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

TURTLE POWER!!!!!

Now you've got the theme song in my head.

My parents used to tape it for me on BETA!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

taurus77

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That picture is probably way too big and I'll get arrested by the photo police.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OMG this thread has just cracked me up! And made me realize how much older I am than many of you...

1. TV Show: I remember half-watching All My Children and Days of Our Lives with mom, especially the weddings (which were like once a week or something!). The first show I was really into was The Dukes of Hazzard.

2. Concert: Monsters of Rock tour at Mile High Stadium. All day show of King Kobra (they sucked!), Dokken, Metallica, The Scorpions and Van Halen (1st tour with Sammy Hagar) in 1988 (...And Justice for All tour for the Metallica fans)

3. Album: First tape I bought for myself was Sylvia: Just Sylvia for the song "Nobody". And despite that, I still became a headbanger. LOL

4. Movie: Pretty sure it was Bambi on a re-release.

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

OMG this thread has just cracked me up! And made me realize how much older I am than many of you...

1. TV Show: I remember half-watching All My Children and Days of Our Lives with mom, especially the weddings (which were like once a week or something!). The first show I was really into was The Dukes of Hazzard.

2. Concert: Monsters of Rock tour at Mile High Stadium. All day show of King Kobra (they sucked!), Dokken, Metallica, The Scorpions and Van Halen (1st tour with Sammy Hagar) in 1988 (...And Justice for All tour for the Metallica fans)

3. Album: First tape I bought for myself was Sylvia: Just Sylvia for the song "Nobody". And despite that, I still became a headbanger. LOL

4. Movie: Pretty sure it was Bambi on a re-release.
All right!! Another headbanger!

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1)What's the first TV show you remember watching?
Ok, this will age me, but the earliest things I remember watching was the Beatles cartoons and The Jackson 5 cartoons

2)First concert you attended? Alice Cooper (1974ish)

3)First album/CD you bought?Alice Cooper--School's Out

4)First movie you saw in a theater? I think it was Born Free, but I was very young at the time and boy did I cry when they shot the lion!

missy&spikesmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
OH MAN!!!!!!!!! I am older than DIRT!!!!!! EEEEEKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!

Kaptain Kangaroo (and HE made me late for school EVERY day, because I could NOT tear myself away from that dang TV{and my Mom just plain gave up nagging me, to get moving out the door! haha
)

2)First concert you attended?
Crosby, Stills and Nash (1970)

3)First album/CD you bought?
Beatles 65 --Oh, and I thought I was SOOOOOOO cool!
--I saved and saved for it and finally, my sister chipped in, so we could actually go to the record store and buy it, that day!

4)First movie you saw in a theater?
Sound of Music, with my 3 friends, in downtown Cleveland. We thought we were SO grown up and cool (NOT!!!!!!haha
), since we went without any adults on the bus, then the Rapid Transit Train, and then after the movie, went to lunch together. I was 12 years old (I'd NEVER have allowed my daughter at age 12 to do that, but then, the world had changed a LOT, by then!!!
)

P.S. OMG, all that stuff from the 80's you guys are talking about? I bought all those things for my daughters and they Loooooooooved them, so much! I just found a MonChiChi Monkey on Ebay for my oldest DD, as she still talked about her one (and of COURSE, I had to throw the darn thing away, and she STILL apparently wanted it!
) It was a LOT cheaper to buy that MonChiChi, in 1983, than to buy it on Ebay today!!!

--Oh...... and JELLIES!! haha My DH and I thought it was SO funny, as our girls thought they were just TOO COOL in them. WE thought they were goofy, but, the shoes were SO inexpensive, AND very easy on our wallets! haha

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Outdoor Wisconsin and Nature

Young MC and Milli Vanilli

Guns and Roses Appetite For Destruction

Dark Crystal or ET hard to say for sure

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by menagerie mama

Young MC and Milli Vanilli
I used to LOVE Milli Vanilli

Even tho they didn't sing the songs themselves, I still loved them after they got busted for that

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Some of your memorable firsts:

Greatest American Hero

Bad Company/Damn Yankees (with my mother!!)

It was an album--Billy Squire, "Rock Me Tonight"

The Gremlins
First t.v. show I ever remember watching was either smurfs, teenage mutant nijia turtles or the smogies. First concert was Treble Charger. First C.d I bought was a Shania Twain Cd when I was 10. First movie I saw in theatre was The Little Mermaid...hehe still love it to this day!

jdpesz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
1) "Sea Hunt" starring Lloyd Bridges.
2) Kansas/Bad Company.
3) Album: Ten years After, "A Space In Time."
4) Carrie.