Can you recommend a CBD oil for a stressed out cat?

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jackie has a UTI probably from stress (I’m waiting for the lab results.) The vet thinks it is probably stress and honestly my cat is an easily stressed cat.

So if someone is giving their cat CBD and it works, I would love to hear what brand they use. I think CBD oil would be better than gabapentin or some other stress. He rejected calming treats.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I do use CBD for my anxious kitty but I started with a single drop and waited a few weeks to see if it had the desired result. I didn't aim for a complete change in her behavior, just a smidgen. Just enough to take the edge off and allowing her to function more level. CBD dose in cats is still an iffy science plus the carrier oil in and of itself can be of concern. Most companies selling CBD err on the side of more rather than less plus there is the risk of snake oil instead of CBD.

All said, I use four corners pet CBD. Shipping is really quick, they do lab testing and I've seen results. Just be careful because they have different dosage bottles. I started at their weakest blend and once I figured out how much I needed I switched to the strength that would allow a single drop to get the dose I wanted. Which allows me to limit added oils in her system and make a bottle last for as long as possible at the same time.