Can you please tell me what breed my kitten us?:)

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi!  Have you read this article? http://www.thecatsite.com/a/what-breed-is-my-cat  It may answer some questions for you.  Unfortunately cats are very different from dogs and can't really be described as any breed or breeds unless you are certain of the parents.  The experts can describe it better; but most cats are just domestic short hair or domestic long hair.  The coat would be what gets more interesting naming for most kitties! 

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bit hard to tell, looks like she may be longhaired when she grows up.

She's no breed, a domestic longhair (or perhaps shorthair) colour is blue & white bi-colour.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

littlemelissa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Bit hard to tell, looks like she may be longhaired when she grows up.

Thank you :) I am a bit confused when you mentioned blue hair? It's not the first time someone had mentioned that tome about Patuña, please explain?

She's no breed, a domestic longhair (or perhaps shorthair) colour is blue & white bi-colour.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"Grey" is actually called blue.

Last edited:

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She has a very pretty face. Her expression is somewhere between thoughtful and mischievous.

Are you getting her used to brushing? If she will be a long-haired cat, she should get used to being groomed when she is a kitten. :)

littlemelissa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I brush her hair after I bathe her :) she is calm when I do! :)

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You need to comb before bathing.  If you bathe her when she has knots in her coat it will make them worse, and brushes tend to skate over the top of the coat which with a longhair cat means they don't get the tangles out properly.  Also - why bathe her?  Most cats never, ever need it in their lives.

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some do; it's a common way to cut down on allergic reactions, IIRC.

littlemelissa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I bathe her because she starts smelling and her paws turn yellow from her urine u.u I Started bathing her because when she was younger she had longish hair and her feces would get stuck on her tail and paws ha.

minka

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why... does your cat get urine on herself? There isn't any reason it should be happening. Is she not litter trained??

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Considered a sanitary trim for just her rear end, so nothing nasty gets stuck to the fur when she's in the litter box?

littlemelissa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Maybe it isn't urine. Maybe its the litter? I use the corn kind so who knows. Ill keep That in mind .