Can you please tell me what breed my cat is? Thanks. :)

wallycats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Can't see the full cat coloring; the tiny bit I see appears to be possibly a domestic short hair calico.

Is her nickname "little fly?"  Her name is an endearing name for a "little fly" in Polish, though not spelled that way I don't believe.

Very pretty cat!

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Can't see the full cat coloring; the tiny bit I see appears to be possibly a domestic short hair calico.

Is her nickname "little fly?"  Her name is an endearing name for a "little fly" in Polish, though not spelled that way I don't believe.

Very pretty cat!
It's a Russian word, too, with several meanings: beauty mark, a fly (the tied kind) you use for fishing, or some sort of a sight on a rifle. Mooshka looks very cute and, considering her markings, I'm going for the beauty mark, even if I don't have any idea what kind of cat she is!

Welcome, kittylover113!

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How awful that they left her behind but how lucky she is that you took her in!

wallycats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What a sweet girl she is.  *shaking head* on how some people perceive animals.  UGH.  Breaks my heart.

How lucky you both are to have each other.

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Oh what a beautiful girl :heart3:

Mooshka I love her name :D

Not 100% sure on her color as the pictures look very dark on my monitor :D
But she is either a blue and white domestic shorthair or a black and white domestic shorthair.

The vast majority of cats are domestic's and very few of them are mixes of pedigrees breeds. Most of them don't have any pedigree/purebred ancestors at all, in fact very, very few have any pedigree breeds anywhere behind them.

You see the domestic (non pedigree ) cat population did not result from pedigree breeds being mixed together, like in the dog world. Actually it is quite the opposite. Domestic cats were here long before pedigree cat breeds existed - pedigree breeds of cat were created from the domestic cat population for a certain look or trait, not the other way around ;)