Can You Help Name My Kitten

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He is a very handsome kitty. Take the time to learn his personality so you choose a name that suits him . Some ideas:-
Calix
Casper
Cloud
Minx
Arlo
Ezra
Oscar

I'm sure you will get lots of suggestions from other members. Let us know what you decide.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Being an himalayan look alike he perhaps like Sherpa. Or some renown sherpa? What is the name of the sherpa guide whom followed sir Hillary to become first man on Mount Everest? And thus was the second up?

Tenzio Sherpa??

Some himalayan lama perhaps?
The monk priests you know.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you want to play off the fact that he is a "Himalayan look alike" as StefanZ stated, Everest would be cute. Or Dhaulagiri (Giri for short?) which means "White Mountain."

Or, you could go a different route. My choices are Hiro, Declan, Fionn, Finn, Malichi, Uther, Bram, Finnian, Hadrian, Percival, Aramis, Caspian, Ronan, Atticus, Phineas, and Bastian.

GreyLady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
oooh so cute.

Noodle? I want to name a cat that.

you can always wait a bit for something that fits. That's what we did with Honey. However you may end up naming him some term of endearment...

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Watch him and his behavior intensely - a name will pop up pretty quickly.
Tawny, my first cat got his name from his coloring (yeah, I know not very creative, sorry).
Gracie got her name because she repeatedly fell off the back of couches, chairs, off the edge of beds, etc. (as in graceless).
Feeby got her name because when she found my niece, my niece named her Phoebe - but, her funny behavior caused my husband to tease her about being a 'feeble excuse for a cat' - so, I changed the spelling to Feeby.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
FeebysOwner FeebysOwner . love how Gracie got her name. I did the same with mine. Pickle's colouring is exactly the same as a jar of Branston pickle, Kiwi as a kitten was always peeing in the litter tray but I could hardly call her WeeWee so I called her Kiwi and Buzz was always purring in my ear. He sounded like a swarm of bees. Let the personality shine through, the right name will come. Let us know what it is when you decide.

Last edited:

TobiDaDog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
What an adorable boy! I used to have a pure white cat named Nix! In Latin it means Snow.

GreyLady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I want to know what his name is now!

I liked the jean-Luc suggestion. You could just call him Captain sometimes

RajaNMizu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I went in an entirely different direction with name ideas. The small grey mark on your kitties face reminded me of an arrow, so "Arrow" was one of my thoughts. I tried it in different languages but nothing appealed to me. So I went with point. In Portuguese, the word for point is "Ponto" which I thought was cute.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Faycharaf

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok guys, so my Fiancé and I finally decided to name him Giggsy, after Ryan Giggs, a Welsh football player, since his fav thing to do is to chase around balls haha

Thank you for all of your suggestions!!

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I live about 25 miles from where Ryan Giggs was born so in my opinion...da iowm. Thats a good name.