Can You Help Me Identify What Breed Of Cat This Might Be?

acatquestion

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Does anyone know what kind of cat this might be? I was told the owner paid a lot for this cat.

The goal here is I'm trying to find out what breed it is, so I can find rescue organizations that might be willing to take it in. I am trying to assist someone else in doing this and I do not have this cat. I thought if I knew the breed, I might be able to look up local rescues in his area that deal with this breed of cat. Thank you so much.
cat_what_breed.jpg

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like a Persian. Needs a good eye wiping. What is his/her story? Technically without papers it is a domestic longhair but that flat face is typically of Persian influence. Maybe Himalayan but its a dark grainy picture so I am not sure.

There aren't a ton of breed specific rescues for cats because the majority of them are no specific breed, just domestic long or short hair. Where did this baby come from?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

acatquestion

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey thanks a lot, ok that makes sense. I know pretty much nothing at all about cats so I had no idea :( This cat is in Florida. The owner must suddenly leave the country within 2 weeks and so I am trying to help find a home for the cat. Going to try the humane society tomorrow. Any chance you know of any good places?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

acatquestion

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks guys a lot for the feedback here. Going to contact both places. We're hoping the owner's friends will want to take him but in the event no one can, going to make sure he's safe and sound.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Persian. Gorgeous kitty.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Himalayan mentioned are essentially pointed persians, so they count as the same breed.

cuppa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What area of Florida are you in? You can try The Pixel Fund, Candy's Cats, Pet Rescue by Judy, It's All About The Cats, or the Pet Alliance of Greater Orlando (I'm not sure if Pet Alliance is a no-kill shelter yet, but I know they've been making the transition). I'm not sure if all of these rescues take in cats from call-ins, but they may be able to direct you somewhere else if they don't.

basscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is that the internet sensation... "Grumpycat"? :lol: