Can You Help Me Identify My Cats Breed?

MrsKay

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We believe he is about 3 years old.
When we first got him we thought he had some himalayan/siamese in him. From the way he talks (very vocal) we think theres siamese at least. The more I try to figure it out, the more lost I get. The closest ive come is a Blue Point Lynx, but his coat is much longer and his eyes are vivid blue like a Ragdolls. Any suggestions or ideas? By now, this feels like an ancestry quest, but for our cat! All help is appreciated :)

Attachments

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One can't know for certain without Registry or DNA markers, but on my monitor, your stunning kitty appears to be a Lilac or Frost Lynx Point Balinese.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
One can't know for certain without Registry or DNA markers, but on my monitor, your stunning kitty appears to be a Lilac or Frost Lynx Point Balinese.
Yes, in the old style. He really does have that Balinese head shape and eyes. He is beautiful!

SiameseHimi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He looks very much like the cats we breed, Siamese Himalayan Hybrids and he is definitely Lynx Point. All of ours have blue eyes as well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MrsKay

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is a good point, MrsKay MrsKay , how much does your kitty weigh?
Currently 5-6 ibs. We have been told he is underweight though. He is recovering from a blood parasite. Have been told he should be around 9-10 ibs to be considered healthy.

MrsKay

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
On a side note... Anything stick out about the breed for general care? Ive been searching online to help with his basic needs for that breed, but the results are pretty broad. Just like normal cats? He is VERY vocal at night, non stop, and louder than any cat ive heard.

SiameseHimi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Does he sleep with you at night? Because if not he may want to be with you and that is why he is being so vocal

MrsKay

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We leave our door open all night long, and even have floor lights so he doesnt bump into stuff (im sure cats are fine in the dark, so its mainly for our ease of mind). He will sit in the middle of the floor amd yowl so very loud, for hours. And when i get up to make sure he has food and water, he will run to the living room and lay down. The second i go back to bed- the cycle repeats. Its the craziest thing. He is un-neutered... Could he be night calling? Wanting ro be let out? I do not know much about this breed. And he is our first cat.

SiameseHimi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Is he neutered? Sometimes males will call for a female at night so maybe neutering will help if he already isn't, Im just trying to throw out some suggestions because lots of people would just say that is a Siamese thing but not all Siamese are vocal like that.

MrsKay

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Is he neutered? Sometimes males will call for a female at night so maybe neutering will help if he already isn't, Im just trying to throw out some suggestions because lots of people would just say that is a Siamese thing but not all Siamese are vocal like that.

I did not see the first reply. I thought that may be the case. We will have to get him fixed soon. It may help with his stress too. Thanks!

SiameseHimi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Your very welcome! Does this happen more in the spring and summerish months? or anytime of year?