Can You Get A Feral's Trust Without Taking It In?

Sora

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
In my college campus, recently this year people started abandoning cats there. I don't know how it started. When I first went through the admission process, I took a walk in the campus and found what I would call the queen cat (She has had her first offspring, 4 kittens, one taken for taming, a semiferal that I'm trying to socialize, a kitten that already trusts me, although it has its moments of wanting to be petted and not wanting to, and a feral that sits alone in a place where the A.C. compressors are placed (Land of no-one).
That last is just so away from people compared to the other cats, and I just don't want to let it grow feral (In my country most people are so barbaric that if a feral cat problem gets out of control, they poison them all...).
The problem is, I have two cats and live with my mom, and even though we have an empty room, my mother doesn't wants me to bring more cats in, even if I plan to give them for adoption later.

The kitten is approximately 8 - 11 weeks old. I don't know if it's male or female. I got as close as one meter to it before it ran away. It didn't hissed or anything, but since I wasn't chasing, it walked fast (Not running) and hid under a parked car. There aren't really any animal diseases around my campus (Only a kitten has fleas) so I think he will do fine outside. I just can't take it in, but I want its trust.

Any tips? Let me know please.

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The kindest thing you can do, is to start to spay/neuter these cats. It will stop the ever growing population. You can see if there is a rescue group that could work with you on TNR (Trap Neuter Return). You can then provide some outdoor shelters for the cats as well as food and water. If you work on getting the cats spayed and neutered, people may not resort to poisoning the cats. If you feed and care for the cats without spaying and neutering you are only making them strong and healthy so they can continue to reproduce. Look for a rescue group to help you out. Also look for any low cost spay/neuter clinics if that is available to you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sora

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The kindest thing you can do, is to start to spay/neuter these cats. It will stop the ever growing population. You can see if there is a rescue group that could work with you on TNR (Trap Neuter Return). You can then provide some outdoor shelters for the cats as well as food and water. If you work on getting the cats spayed and neutered, people may not resort to poisoning the cats. If you feed and care for the cats without spaying and neutering you are only making them strong and healthy so they can continue to reproduce. Look for a rescue group to help you out. Also look for any low cost spay/neuter clinics if that is available to you.
Yeah I'm planning to do that. But I would have to see how I solve that because you know, college student's life. In my country neutering is cheap anyway $40, and spaying goes for $50. But they are just too much cats to pay it out of my pocket. I will see what can I do, if my college is willing to help me with that.