Can you believe people eat these????

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OMG they are AWESOME!!!

not that I would eat them of course, but we get them here, although things like that are eaten in the outback here
(many years ago)

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH likes escargot-to me its like eating an eraser on a pencil!!!
My slug recipe:

In one large jar: Fill with soapy water and add a bit of gasoline. Then add slugs.
Shake well to kill!!

nelle

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

DH likes escargot-to me its like eating an eraser on a pencil!!!

Yes! the snail is so much NOT part of escargot - butter, garlic, white wine, parsely... all sopped up with a warm baguette....

I say leave the snail on the plate and eat all the lovely buttery sauce with bread!

I think a Slug Recipe
thread would be a lot of fun...any more takers?

malena

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
They taste nice and since they eat my garden I eat them. Our garden is invaded with them. They eat the cat food I put out, the chicken food - I find them in the chickens water and since a couple of days they crawl inside! Yesterday I found one in the washing machine.
One of the kittens I found in the garden was completely covered with snail eggs when I found him. I dont want to think of what would have happend to him if I didn't found him on time. I had to cut the discusting eggs away from his beutifull fur and rub them away from his skinn. they were almost glued to him.
The only way I can think of getting back at them properly is to eat them.

oz'smum

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just had to add this one, not one from here, but explains how I too feel about eating slugs or snails.

Or any creepy crawlies.