can too much protein give cat's diarrhea?

esrgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been feeding my girls Innova Evo, which has like 50% protein. Both of them have been having occasional soft stools lately, but otherwise look healthy. Could it possibly be the food?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
how long did you mix new with old??

I had the same trouble with Evo so I went to plan b ymmv

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

esrgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I mixed them together for about a week. The pooping is getting a little worse, my mom said she had the same problem with her dog. I think I'm going to pick up some Natural Balance or Natural Choice today and switch them over gradually. They like the Evo, but I think that's what's making them go to the bathroom more. When I feed them Natural Choice pouches instead there is no runny poop.

coaster

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's not the proteins in the food which cause digestive problems, but the grains. Actually, I've heard of some others who had problems with EVO, so maybe there's something in there your cats are sensitive to.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

esrgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went ahead and picked up a bag of Natural Balance, which I was planning on using. I bought the Evo because Pet Supplies Plus carried it and it wasn't nearly as expensive as I had seen it online. There isn't any grain in Evo though, so it couldn't have been grain.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think it is the potaoe since other than one wet food mine never had had that before.. just a hypotheisis.. I was very disapponted