Can someone tell me about persian cats?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nekkiddoglady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Im not sure what he was eating.. they didnt say.
I have a pic on my camera, but the computer isnt wanting to read the camera, I'll have to try again and get the puter uploaded.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Food also has a huge impact on coat quality. So expect more matting if he's fed cheaper foods.

Kit n Kaboodle is just about the worst. It's the cheapest they sell (cheaper than store brand even) and it doesn't even have a meat ingredient until the 4th on the list. That and the dyes in it would practically guarantee tummy trouble in a sensitive cat.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by nekkiddoglady

Im not sure what he was eating.. they didnt say.
I have a pic on my camera, but the computer isnt wanting to read the camera, I'll have to try again and get the puter uploaded.
Keep trying!

Originally Posted by Willowy

Food also has a huge impact on coat quality. So expect more matting if he's fed cheaper foods.

Kit n Kaboodle is just about the worst. It's the cheapest they sell (cheaper than store brand even) and it doesn't even have a meat ingredient until the 4th on the list. That and the dyes in it would practically guarantee tummy trouble in a sensitive cat.

I've been feeding my eldest cat Elmo (9 years and 10 months old) premium food since he was born and I've got a foster cat that came with a cheap supermarket brand of food that she eats and Elmo has discovered it and REALLY loves it, and I mean loves it. He begs and twirls on his head and basically goes crazy. So I started giving him a couple of cookies as treats and uggh the difference in his coat is major - it looks terrible!

So basically think of it as junk food for cats - they like it, it's normally bright artifical colours and it's not good for them.

nekkiddoglady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
ah the cord to the camera is messed up, thats why I cant transfer pics to the puter! I kept trying over and over with it and finally said something to my BF, he told me then that the cord needs replaced.

I'll have to get a pic with the cell phone and blue tooth it to the puter!

nekkiddoglady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
he's fitting in. I have noticed some cat puke around the house, not sure WHO is doing it, no body has witnessed any of the cats puking, we only find the evidence.

I did search thru cat foods at walmart, as far as big bags goes, there's not much options... Iams or Purina ONE.. everything else is the meow mix, friskies, etc.. I just cannot afford the smaller bags of good foods, not with 5 cats.

I did make a special trip to the feed store. They have a variety of dog foods, but their cat food selection isnt so good. There's a few varieties in smaller bags, but as far as large bags, about the same as walmart.. I did see a large bag of.. eh, I think it was Authority? (cant remember the name offhand now, I just got home from running errands and its still in the car) I bought a 6 pd bag of it to try and see how it works.. if that doesnt seem to work out, then I'll probably go with the ONE at walmart. If the authority works out, then I'll just have to make special trips to the feed store to get it.

nekkiddoglady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I dont know why I was thinking authority.. the brand I got was Premium Edge.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 3 persians and as long as you take proper care of them i.e. shots, grooming, food, etc. they can live well into their teens or longer. As with any cat, as they get older, they can develop health problems, but that is a normal part of growing old.

Persians are very loving, laid back, and loyal (for the most part). Obviously not every cat will fit into this category since all cats are different.

Our first persian lived to be 15 years before her kidneys failed. I have a Persian who just turned 16 years, but I provide constant care for him and am fighting old age, but he is so worth it! He is such a love bug.

I think you will like your persian! Like the other suggested, they are high maintenance and especially with the white color, you will have to work harder to keep the color nice.

I hope you enjoy him and can't wait to see the pictures.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ATTENTION: Premium Edge is being recalled for some very serious issues:

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=205499
http://premiumedgepetfood.com/announcements

Please check your bag, and if that is the case, replace your food immediately... If you no longer have the bag, err on the side of caution - throw the food away and get another brand... These are neurological symptoms, like vomit, seizures, paralysis, blindness, lack of coordination, etc...

Be careful....