Can Someone Message Me

lllostguy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
ive been here low key before when i had my cat. sorry if this comes across like bitching/moaning but i dont even care im too heartbroken but im a young disabled male who has had a cat for a pretty long time and had to give him up due to an extremely complex emergency situation. its now been months and it gets worse every day i am crying now and just wanna talk to another cat person on what to do or any advice. im not good at talking to people at all due to my illness whether online or any way so bear with me. just am reaching out im very alone without my baby. i would never end myself but it is very bad living without my baby who has done everything for me and more and who was always there for me in tough times. he was my family and my best friend i ever had and i just miss spoiling and being around him

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sorry to hear that you had to rehome your kitty. That must have been a heartwrenching decision to have to make but I'm sure you did what you thought was best for the cat. :hugs:

If you are able to, maybe you could volunteer at a shelter or rescue. Many of these places need people to play with/interact with the cats to help them get more socialized which increases the chances of adoption. It would be good for you too to not only be able to spend time with some kitties, it would also be beneficial to you mentally and emotionally.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Would you be comfortable sharing more details with us? I'm wondering whether the situation which forced you to give up your little one has changed since then.

Do you have any friends or family nearby? I'm glad you wouldn't end yourself, but the fact that you bring it up means you've at least thought about, and that worries me. L lllostguy , you're grieving. I understand (I believe) that you re-homed your cat rather than having him euthanized, but the pain is very similar. Are you aware that the ASPCA maintains a grief hot line for people who've lost their pet? I've heard very good reports about them. See this thread: For those wanting to talk to someone, the ASPCA grief hotline You may want to give them a call. Also, please talk with your doctor about this depression. You may need more help than we're able to provide.

Margret

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
~ I think the suggestion to volunteer at an animal shelter is a really good idea . You could bring a lot of happy time for those kitty cats ! :catrub: I would not be surprised if at some point another kitty comes your way - when you're ready .
Remember ... As bad as you feel now it always improves . Sometimes low mood / loneliness and feelings of loss seem overwhelming - but they are not .
Don't be afraid or reluctant to ask for help. Medications can lift you out of the rut and keep you from getting stuck there again. Millions of people have been helped this way .
Perhaps you can get into a group therapy. At first it may sound goofy but being with people who are in the same situation really takes away the isolation and lonely feelings. A therapist or mental health social worker will facilitate the group and everyone shares their thoughts and feelings . Everyone learns things about themself this way in a safe environment .
Best wishes to you ... :hellocomputer: