Can someone explain to me....

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you don't have a cattery - its ok. You just need the breeder's cattery name and the cat's name.

I do know someone that was very big in showing their household pets and actually got a "cattery" name registered even tho all her cats are spayed/neutered cause they are mixed breed HHP's.

If you really get into showing a lot, you can consider paying for a "cattery name" if you want to and add it on to any future show kitty.

mai_kitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ah cool thanks.

We have been considering showing in HHP with two of our beautiful DLH's. I always wondered if they needed fancy names and such.

I do hope to someday get into showing purebred once we are financially ready for it. I would love to own a Maine Coon or a Norwegian Forest Cat. And now I know how to name them

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
IF you are thinking about owning purebred cats - put in for a cattery name now. Its getting harder to come up with something "original" and you cannot duplicate names. I had my cattery name registered in CFA and ACFA before I got my first purbred.

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just an aside:

TICA registration applications all come with the cattery name pre-printed on the blue registration slip.

All kitten/cat names will automatically be prefixed with the cattery name.

I.E. All kittens sold from our cattery will automatically be registered as:
Meridian, followed by the name the new owner chooses.