Can someone explain this to me?

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Spike is convinced the vacuum intends to hurt me; therefore it, and all its cursed attachments, must die. (I appreciate his concern, but it can be difficult to properly vacuum a carpet when the vacuum-cleaner is under attack from 13 pounds of crazed orange tabby.)

For some reason, the vacuum is only a monster when it's turned on. I understand that it's the sound that bothers Oz, who runs and hides, but I don't understand why Spike thinks it's only going to attack me when it's turned on. When it's turned off, Spike ignores it completely. One would have assumed that when the vacuum is turned off and "sleeping," that would be the best time to launch an assault. Perhaps Spike doesn't see it as a challenge when it's turned off?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

The first time I took the vacuum out when Scratch was first here I thought that he'd just run and hide like 8-Bit, but he just sort of stood there and shrugged at it.
3 of mine run like the devil, but Java just watches me vacuum. mind you, she doesn't want me to vacuum her, but she's not terrified like the others are.