Can My Kitten Come Out Of Quarantine For A Little Bit Each Day If I Use The Lime Sulfur Dip?

Cbreeze86

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a 7/8 week kitten that was in quarantine for giardia/coccidia/fleas for 2 weeks then I found out he had pretty severe ringworm 2 days after I stopped quarantining him. He's been on oral antifungal and topical antifungal for 4 days and I ordered lime sulfur dip off Amazon. He cries constantly, it is breaking my heart! I want to let him come out into the living room to explore and play but the vet told me to keep him in my laundry room for 4 weeks! I do go in there and sit with him, play with him but it's not enough and he cries all the time. I read the lime sulfur dip kills the spores on the fur so if I use it on him 2 times a week can he come out and play a little bit without infecting everyone?

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I would follow your vet’s instructions, as they are the experts in pet care. What you can do is make his stay in the laundry room more entertaining. Get him some toys like catnip mice or ping pong balls to play with when you’re away. Make him a box fort. You can even play kitty TV for him! There are YouTube videos of birds, mice, etc., that cats love to watch.

This thread has some great suggestions as well, although your kitty isn’t “confined to cage rest”, some things will be similar: What Made Your "confined-to-crate-rest" Cat Relax? Offer Some Handy Tips...

Catbones88

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What did you end up doing? Is he ringworm free after the four weeks? Did you let him out? What happened? Clear? How about you? No infection? Did you clean like mad?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cbreeze86

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What did you end up doing? Is he ringworm free after the four weeks? Did you let him out? What happened? Clear? How about you? No infection? Did you clean like mad?
I ended up letting him out after 2 more weeks instead of 4 because he didn't have any signs of ringworm left and I continued to bathe him with the ringworm shampoo once a week for 4 weeks. I deep cleaned my house twice during the whole ordeal and then just normal cleaned after that except for his quarantine room, I bleached it every 3 days while he was quarantined and washed his bed every day! It's been 4 weeks since he joined the rest of the house and he's been completely fine! I had 2 spots on my arm but those are long gone.

Catbones88

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for reply. Lots of these threads end and no follow up. We adopted 2 4week old handsome kittens. 2 days into them having free access we took to vet only to find ringworm under green light. Geeze I was so paranoid about the spores! We put them in our only bathroom (small apartment) which got deep cleaned and bleached nightly. They got Intrafungol medicine and sulfur dipped 4x (once a week). We deep cleaned 3X every single area they had possibly trekked during this time of quarantine. Started Nov 26 2018 and let them out Jan 1st 2019. We are hoping the culture says they are negative. Both my boys (teenagers) got several ringworm spots and I got 2. We have been treating each other and those things are pretty much gone. Just wanted to see how long you quarantined them and what came of it. Keeping our hopes up!

Catbones88

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for reply. Lots of these threads end and no follow up. We adopted 2 4week old handsome kittens. 2 days into them having free access we took to vet only to find ringworm under green light. Geeze I was so paranoid about the spores! We put them in our only bathroom (small apartment) which got deep cleaned and bleached nightly. They got Intrafungol medicine and sulfur dipped 4x (once a week), Tomlinson Immune Support daily, (brand) Vet Recommended Miconazole Shampoo 1x a week, and Apple Cider Vinegar spot treatment daily. We deep cleaned 3X every single area they had possibly trekked during this time of quarantine. Started Nov 26 2018 and let them out Jan 1st 2019. We are hoping the culture says they are negative. Both my boys (teenagers) got several ringworm spots and I got 2. We have been treating each other and those things are pretty much gone. Just wanted to see how long you quarantined them and what came of it. Keeping our hopes up!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cbreeze86

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for reply. Lots of these threads end and no follow up. We adopted 2 4week old handsome kittens. 2 days into them having free access we took to vet only to find ringworm under green light. Geeze I was so paranoid about the spores! We put them in our only bathroom (small apartment) which got deep cleaned and bleached nightly. They got Intrafungol medicine and sulfur dipped 4x (once a week). We deep cleaned 3X every single area they had possibly trekked during this time of quarantine. Started Nov 26 2018 and let them out Jan 1st 2019. We are hoping the culture says they are negative. Both my boys (teenagers) got several ringworm spots and I got 2. We have been treating each other and those things are pretty much gone. Just wanted to see how long you quarantined them and what came of it. Keeping our hopes up!
One thing I will tell you is to not get freaked out by the google results making it out to be the black plague! I made myself so frazzled by reading all the horror stories and it wasn't that bad. My kitten had SEVERE ringworm, his entire body was covered and within 6 to 7 weeks he was good to go. It will be ok!