Can my cat have more babies?

autumnalexandra

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am so scared my 3 yo cat had a kitten that its intestines were hanging out of her/his belly. The poor thing didn't look to have any eyes. Chacy (mom) didn't even really pay attention to the baby. She licked on it for a while but then just left it in the floor. We found a stray kitten about a year ago and ever since Chacy treated Zhen-Zhen (stray) like her on. For the past day or two Chacy has been dragging Zhen-Zhen around the house trying to take her somewhere, but Zhen-Zhen being a siamese is much larger than Chacy who is a gray tabby, but keeps dropping her. Anyway is there anyway Chacy could have anymore babies? This is her first litter. 

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If she is not spayed, she can certainly have more babies. Esp if there is any risk she can met a tom.

If there is any risk - she will met him. When in heat they got sneaky and surprisingly often they manage to sneak out.

If her next litter can have  severely deformed kittens? It may be so, but not necessarily. Chances decently good not.

If you are a breeder and she is from an interesting line, you can try again  (although I would advise to consult a vet good on kittens deformities and genetic damages, or at least - a very knowleable and experienced cat breeder with big geneologic knowledge).

If not - I would recommend to spay.

If you are not a breeder at all, I will definitely recommend a spaying... Sooner the better.

Welcome to our Forums!

Good luck!

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
An unspayed 3 year old is at risk of Pyometra, an often deadly uterine disease and several cancers. You are better off getting her spayed asap, unless a registered breeder.

She can and will get pregnant being unspayed and around an unaltered boy, whether is a viable pregnancy is anyone's guess.

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The medical term for this condition is Gastroschisis and there's plenty on the Internet about it, including the following:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gastroschisis

If she was my cat she would have been neutered a long, long time ago.  I would certainly neuter her now - I suspect she isn't a pedigree, and 3 years sounds like an 'oops' litter - certainly 3 years is very old for a first litter.