Can I use Espree paw balm on my 8 week old kitten?

T5C0

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I love using Espree with my rescues since they're typically pretty dry when they come to me, but this is my first time with both cats and babie ones for that matter so everything's a little new. My vet office is closed atm and this poor girl has some super dry skin, wondering if anyone knows if it's safe to use Espree Paw Balm on younger kittens.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I am unfamiliar with this, so hopefully others will come along with some advice. What I found when I researched this product was that it is best if the animal not lick the paws until it dries. A woman who posted on Amazon alleged that the product contains tea tree oil, which would be an issue. She said that it is listed on the container, but not on the listed ingredients on the website. Since I don't have a can of it, I cannot verify that. I am hugely cautious with my animals, and would be especially with a new kitten, until the safety can be verified.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A little bit of Vaseline could be used if needed until you can contact the vet. Coconut oil may also be used and is harmless if ingested.