Can I post with an ad blocker running?

cindycrna

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am having trouble posting from home. When I submit a response,  a banner comes up saying I am not allowed to post or something like that. I was able to start a thread but have not been able to post a response. I am trying the computer at work to see if it is my home computer. I am running Windows 10.

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
I post using the current version of add blocker. I started paying for a subscription because I like this site so much but my add blocker worked and I could post before that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cindycrna

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
For some reason I can post without problem now.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
We switched to a the https protocol and this could have caused the issue. Possibly the ad-blocker software got updated.

I would really appreciate it if those of you using ad blockers could make an exception and switch them off for this site. We rely on ad revenue to keep the site going. I understand that ads can be annoying (I'm a web user too!) so I make a point of limiting the number of ads, never serving pop-ups, interstitials, auto-play ads and other annoying ad formats. 

Thank you for considering switching off your ad-blockers. If everyone were to use them, the site wouldn't be here...