Can I please have some vibes??

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi all, I have my thyroid removal op on tuesday and I am so nervous and very scared, it has helped that I have been talking to a lady who had hers done on friday and she is fine, that has put my mind at rest a little and I know I have to have this done, I have been so ill with it. My surgeon is going to try and leave a bit of my thyroid in so I don't have to have replacement meds but I have heard alot of people develop problems in the future so I am going to talk to him when I get admitted and see if he thinks it better just to take it all away. I have never been so worried about anything more in my life, its the going under general anaesthetic that bothers me, silly really as I have had it twice before but years ago. I've got to be up very early on tuesday, my dad is coming to look after my older two children here so that they can still go to school and mother in law is having my youngest daughter. I've got to be at the hospital for 7am. I am definetely going to ask for a pre-med, it may help me relax. I have got a sore throat today so I've been drinking loads of water to try and flush it away as they won't do it if I've got an infection, I'd rather just get it over and done with in one way but not have it at all in another. x

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know a little of how you feel. Dottie was really upset at the thought of having her parathyroids removed, and now she has a little skin cancer (basal cell carcinoma) to be removed next week.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ruthy, sending lots of healing prayers for you. God bless you and watch over you during your surgery.

bellaandme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bella and me are sending and
:hea rt3:your way. All will go smoothly..you have all our kitty prayers to keep you safe and make you healthy