Can I have Vibes please?

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I recommend going to the ER as soon as possible! They will be able to give you the antibiotics and if the infection gets into your blood...well..that is bad. I had to go to the ER (I HATE dentists too) and they said I was close to becoming very sick. My infection was so bad it actually pushed the tooth out, root and all. I had been dealing with this on and off for 3 yrs and kept putting it off. They ended up pulling 5 teeth once I finally got in, but they did see me the the day after I went to ER but they couldn't do anything until the infection was taken care of. Here, it turned out I only had a fraction of bone mass in my jaw, and they warned me they could actually end up breaking the jaw when they pulled them because it was so weak.

At least get on antibiotics as soon as you can! An ER visit is a pain, but it will be worth it. If your face has swelled up that much you need to get it looked at now.

Good luck!

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww Alycia!
I am sorry to hear your in soo much pain!! I sure know what your going through! I HATE tooth pain!!

I hope you get better soon!!

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope your appointment went well. Tooth pain is just horrible.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My appointment is in 45 mins. I'm heading out the door now. I have to be there 15 mins early for paperwork.
It still hurts like crazy. I'm hoping the antibiotics will help.
The vicodin is starting to make me sick to my stomach or the infection is.. I just want it out and over with!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, they gave me antibiotics (Penicillian) and pain killers (darvocet) and I have to go back next Tuesday at 9:30 to have it surgically removed...Only one thing that bothers me, they don't sedate you
and the last time I had teeth pulled under local anesthetic, It hurt worse then giving birth w/o an epidural!!!!!!

So now I'm scared crapless
Im thinking of finding another dentist who does sedate and get it done. I will pay extra for it! I do NOT want to be awake!!!!

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dixie_Darlin

Well, they gave me antibiotics (Penicillian) and pain killers (darvocet) and I have to go back next Tuesday at 9:30 to have it surgically removed...Only one thing that bothers me, they don't sedate you
and the last time I had teeth pulled under local anesthetic, It hurt worse then giving birth w/o an epidural!!!!!!

So now I'm scared crapless
Im thinking of finding another dentist who does sedate and get it done. I will pay extra for it! I do NOT want to be awake!!!!
Oooops!!! I posted to your other dentist thread before I read this one!!!
Sorry!!!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
awww hon (((((pain vibes))))
i do hope all this gets settled soon and you start to feel better. definitely go see another dentist who will sedate you given your bad history with dentist visits

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually, I had my wisdom teeth pulled with out a general and I was so drugged I barely knew my own name!
They gave me stuff to take the night before and the morning of then gave me a local and some happy gas. I was barely there.

Good luck what ever you decide to do!