Can I Handle It?

kittypaws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well i was thinking about it and it's really going to be a chore to care for 6 cats and 2 coming litters. Plus i really was hoping to build my enclosure before it got to cold, plus not to mention i have 2 big dogs to care for. I think i've got my self in to a corner
, i can't even look at the bills right now
. Why couldn't i find a guy that stops me from doing things
lol. How do you other fur-moms deal with all these cats? I still have to prepare for Faith's kittens that are bound to pop out of know where in a week or so.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
what kind of cats are they?
not to sound mean or anything..but I hope you have homes lined up for these kittens.
and are the pregnant cats yours or are you fostering them?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittypaws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't know to me there just shorthairs. My friend rescued them from a guy that got them and didn't fix them so the 2 females got pregnant. Then my friend was moving and they don't allow pets so i ended up with them. I haven't had time to look for homes for the un-born kittens.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh I see. I'm sure you'll find homes for them.
and I would make sure they are all fixed before going to their new homes.
are the cats that are pregnant going to be fixed as well?
good luck!
(and sorry if I sound a little harsh..
I am not trying to be.
)

kittypaws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh no not harsh just a concerned TCS member
. Actually the 2 females and male will be fixed and i was going to keep them because there calm (lol) and are very friendly. Then just re-home all the kittens, or in my case fall in love get a funny look from my man and i'll end up with a bunch of cats lol.

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know how you and others can handle a bunch of cats, especially when there is a queen and kittens involved. I remember when I was fostering a mommy cat and her 4, 8 week old kittens, two year old males, and one 16 year old female. I thought I would go nuts hearding the kittens and mommy cat into the basement every day, without her attacking my yellow male, and then feeding everyone and scooping everyone. It was tuff. And a lactating female has the stinkiest poo I ever smelled. GAG. That was the first and last time for me. Maybe if I were 20 years younger. Now it is just me, the two males, and one of the males from the litter. Old girl died
and mommy and three females were adopted

I admire you and others that can handle more than three compatible cats. I know I can't.

kittypaws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
lol well i am in my early 20's
. But it's just if i can handle everything i love animals and i took them because she couldn't find a home soon enough all the no-kill shelters were booked and the only fur-kid fosters she knows already have a bunch of fosters to handle.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well I've never had any litters of kitten from birth, but out of my 14 cats, 11 are under a year old
and they really keep themselves occupied, everyone pretty much gets along ok, and the ones that are anti-social take the high road and avoid the others... the biggest hassle is the 10 litterboxes
but it really only takes 10 mins or so a day
my advice for the mommies and their kits is to sequester them in a large dog crate so you're not chasing little kittens everywhere

kittypaws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah the only dog cages i have is for my Great Dane and another for my rott so i have no extra big cages
. Then of course i'll have more litter box's i'm use to my 2 kitties sharing one. But i know the girls will need there own and then Danton. So i have spend a bunch of money on more stuff **Grr**.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just a thought, but could you get boxes & any other cat supplies from the person you got the pregnant girls from? If she can't have cats she won't be using them anytime soon....

Good luck with all the kits! I don't think I could handle that many, but just because I'm not all that fond of kittens. I'd much prefer to foster special needs adults!
Don't forget to post pics for us!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I have Blaze who is 1 1/2,Corwin who is 7 months old,Lilly who is 6 months old,Sapphire who is 5 months old,and Mia who is 4 months old.Plus, I have 4 skin kids.
You asked how you do it.To me, it really isn't much difference from 1 cat to 5 cats.They keep each other entertained for the most part.

kittypaws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
white cat lover, yeah all she had was a square cardboard box that she filled with kitty litter. She didn't have time to buy them a actual litter box. Plus the girls won't share one and was they have the kittens they can't. I'm going to try and make a pen for her and put a litter box in it etc. That way i don't have to spend $100+ on big cages for the queens

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds like you will have your hands full and then some.

Perhaps you can look around for someone to foster the 2 pregnant cats either before they give birth or immediately afterwards.

kittypaws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was thinking about it i really wanted to keep the 3 adults. Or atleast Lilly and Danton. But i like Faith to lol, i'll see how it goes i should be able to handle it since the kittens should be about a month or so old by the time Lilly has hers and i think she will have a small litter (i hope). I'm taking all 3 of them in this Friday for ultrasounds and to get Danton fixed