Can I get some vibes for Ginger?

russian blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just seeing this now Heidi. Poor Ginger but glad she's on the way to recovery!
I'm always scared when vaccination time rolls around each year because of all the stories regarding reactions.

Will she still be able to leave on Thursday or is that too soon because of this reaction?

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sending my vibes to Ginger. I hope she gets to feeling 100% asap, and I hope she can travel on Thursday.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This morning when she brought Ginger in, the vet told Eileen that she should be fine by the end of the day and good to travel on Thursday. But obviously with that temperature they wanted to have her under observation and getting fluids to ensure that she will be OK. I just really hope the major change in altitude is easier for cats than it is on some people...

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It seems that I´m Late...

But My Best wishes and of course my prayers to the lovely Ginger are Truly!!!

Get Well soon Dear Ginger!
....Mommie is waiting for you!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ginger is now home with Eileen.
She went straight for her food when she got home, so that's a good sign.
The vets said that her temp is still slightly elevated, but they felt fine releasing her. They said for Eileen to watch her behavior and take her temp tomorrow and see how she's doing. After she rests tonight, if she's acting normal she should be fine to fly on Thursday.

So while she's doing much better, a few more vibes for the overnight recovery can't hurt.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Heidi, I'm so glad she is doing better. Keeping my fingers crossed that she will be ready for Thursday.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Continued vibes on their way. Hope the little sweetie is feeling tiptop for her adventure on Thursday.

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just finding this as I haven't been on-line today. So good to hear Ginger is better and the TCS vibes are working. Here's more vibes for her to {{{{continue to improve}}}} and be ready to fly to her new meowmy on Thursday. And vibes for a {{{{good flight}}}} for Ginger.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We seemed to be a bit overly optimistic about how soon Ginger was getting better. She is eating and drinking and full of spunk (so acting normally
) but she still has a fever of 104 this morning (normal cat temp is 102.5).

Right now we're deciding if we should just cancel the flight tomorrow and perhaps try for Friday, or wait and see.
The vet said since Ginger is acting OK she believes it is nothing more than a reaction to the vaccination, but she wants the fever to be gone before she flies.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awwww Heidi that's a shame. I can see why the vet wants to wait to be sure because i remember Sophie having a tummy upset a few days before she was spayed and she was on medication to settle it, but the day of her op the vet took her temperature and she was just one digit over the normal reading but she still wouldn't spay her.

Hopefully by the end of the week Ginger will be 100% but sending more (((((healthy vibes))))) over for the little one

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Bummer, Heidi. I can see why the vet would want Ginger to be 100% before she flies. Tough enough for a human to fly while under the weather. Hope she's feeling fine soon.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Heidi, even if Ginger's fever doesn't come down, you don't have to worry about her not getting enough love & attention to get better, we all know Eileen has spoiled your baby rotten!
I am sending some last minute get well soon vibes for Ginger & you!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We decided to go ahead and cancel the flight reservations for tomorrow, and Eileen rescheduled for a Friday morning flight. We're being optimistic that Ginger's fever will come down with another day of rest (if you can make a calico kitty rest!). We both want what is best for Ginger, and that means I will have to wait at least one more day, and Eileen gets one more day with sweet little Ginger. Thankfully, since the reservations are for cargo, there isn't the penalties and fees for rescheduling flights.

Thanks for the support and vibes everyone!

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Many thanks from me too!
Getting Ginger to rest is definitely going to be a challenge. She's a busy, spunky little girl!
I'm thrilled to have the extra day with her, but more than anything, just want to get Ginger home to Heidi and Earl, where she belongs!

russian blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by eilcon

She's a busy, spunky little girl!
Ha!
I fell for that description with Phoenix. You don't know what you're in for Heidi and Phoenix is really living up to her name.
Sounds like she's worth the wait so glad you're able to rebook the flight. I'm sure you want her to be healthy to be able to make the transition.

to Eileen for being there and helping out this little one.