Can I get some opions?

5catsandcountin

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have to say...I know as women sometimes we go overboard...and many times men are not into this kind of stuff..I have to say,. and please do not take offense..ULTRA sappy.

If this was a gift from your parents to the both of you on your 25th or something...ok, but form you to your hubby on #2...sappy..sorry!

I like the dog tag idea, or maybe a picture album filled with your best moments and thoughts for him from you?...This would be a good sending off gift...

as far as the anniversary, yea, any normal items he has fun with, stuff for his truck, a gift cert for his favorite auto parts store....Is he into video games? What about gameboy games, a new gameboy to take with him?

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
id say do one of those dog tags that you can open with your pic inside!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by 5catsandcountin

as far as the anniversary, yea, any normal items he has fun with, stuff for his truck, a gift cert for his favorite auto parts store....Is he into video games? What about gameboy games, a new gameboy to take with him?
Ohhh no games when he goes over there.... I'd rather him be alert and not focused on Mario and Luigi.
That's a nice idea though. I was thinking of getting him the personal audio of the xm salalite radio but I don't want him distracted...

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our 2nd anniversary is at the end of May. He's really into sports and his dream is to see every ballpark in the country. So, last year we went to Kansas City for a Royals game, and this year we're going to St. Louis to see the Cardinals. (I figure I can ride this theme for a while and not have to think up something new every year!)

I love the dog tag idea! You should definitely do that!! He'll probably roll his eyes now, but when he's over there they'll be really meaningful to him.

I know from a friend of mine who just came back from Iraq that things get pretty boring over there when they're off duty. There's, literally, NOTHING to do. I think you should get him a Gameboy or something like that. Don't worry...his CO will make sure he has no distractions while he's on duty (and maybe he'll play it so much he'll be "played out" by the time he gets back
)

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol. I'll think about it. I don't know if he'd so much like the gameboy. Sooo small compared to the tv at home.
Hub said he'll be going to the gym and things like that. I'll looking into an xm radio and maybe that psp that just came out. Or a portable dvd player... this are also things that I can send him when he is over there too.
I love all these ideas, keep em comin'

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think the first gift idea is definitely too sappy, especially for an army guy. Does your husband need a new electric shaver? Maybe electronics aren't the best idea, but there's nothing like having a good electric razor that will last forever.

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good idea Ryan, its at least something he could use at home. I'm not sure if the outlets are the same over there

I actually found some dog tags that have the ft campbell 'mastcot' on it so I might get him new tags with all his info along with the 'lovey' one.