Can I get some food advice? What brand do you feed you cats??

ilovemy2cats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Corn gluten meal is only the protein from the corn and not the kernel and it's very digestible unlike ground corn. I also read that it's a urine acidifier.

happyscrappy!

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I found a great ingredient comparison on www.naturapet.com, go to the "Tools" tab then click on Comparison Wizard, you can compare up to four different types/brands of food at once and I found most helpful you can click on the ingredient name & it'll give you a detail of what it means in "English"!

happyscrappy!

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SnowLeop

I looked at that web site and now I'm really confused as to which dry cat food to get!
I didn't mean to confuse you... it actually helped me, the food I'm currently feeding Charlie has Brewyers Yeast in it (Nutro Adult) and that can be upsetting to their stomachs, which may explain his runny stools and frequent throwing up. You can only do what you feel is the best for your baby. Just stay away from harmful preservatives like BHA & BHT, meat by-products, and artifical flavors and dyes and you're on the right track!
Better than what most do!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SnowLeop

My cats are currently eating SolidGold dry food and California Natural wet food (I've tried Innova, Wellness, Felidae but they only like this one brand in one flavor: Deep Water Fish). Unfortunately, Penelope, my short-haired girl, is having more problems with hairballs lately. Do you think I should switch to Nutro Complete Care dry food? I saw that "corn gluten meal" was an ingredient and thought that wasn't good for cats?
It's a protein source, and not my number one choice, but doesn't bother me as do foods that use whole corn. Preferably you want your protein source to be just from poultry, a meat source or fish.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sharonkay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
oh my goodness! Thank you so much everyone...thats a lot to think about :-) I will get a can of the Nutro since it will be by far the easiest for me to obtain and see how that goes...after that, we shall see...

THANKS