can I get some emotional support???

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so glad you asked and they said they would help you. Yay! Professors are used to doing stuff for their students. Good luck!

for the issues with anxiety.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well done! and good luck with the applications. Once you have got over that why don't you set yourself a little task of talking to someone every day - even a few words about the weather in the lunch queue or on the bus or sitting next to you - whatever. Just to slowly build your confidence up. Most people welcome the chance to exchange a comment while they are waiting for something.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jennyranson

Well done! and good luck with the applications. Once you have got over that why don't you set yourself a little task of talking to someone every day - even a few words about the weather in the lunch queue or on the bus or sitting next to you - whatever. Just to slowly build your confidence up. Most people welcome the chance to exchange a comment while they are waiting for something.
Thanks for that suggestion! I always avoid people who try to talk to me, like if someone sitting next to me looks like the talkative type I just look away lol...and not only that but people who try to talk to me make me nervous, because I try to avoid it, but sometimes it takes them a while to take the hint that I don't feel like talking and when it dawns on them there is always this annoying awkwardness. Like, I used to take cabs to go places before I moved to Atlanta, and I despised when cab drivers would try to make conversation, it totally ruined my ride ...
I sound so awful!! But in reality, I don't mind the people, and usually what goes through my mind is, I don't mind talking, just not here and not now, I'm not in the mood and I'd rather get lost in thoughts. But, truth is I'm never EVER in the mood no matter where I am, even if I'm at a party or with friends, I would STILL rather get lost in thoughts than talk to them. Which is what the problem is really, which is why I think what you're suggesting might help.