Can I feed a whole mouse for dinner?

ethereal

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AnneRiceBowl

I am not understanding this way of thinking--it's just weird. I like rats, but I would still feed a rat or mouse to my cat. Would I feed my pet rats to my cats? Of couse not. Would I feed my fish or shrimp to my cats, absolutely not. Just like some people keep aquariums and still eat fish, or someone who has a pet cow and still eats beef, or someone who has a pet chicken and still eats poultry. There are members here who feed a raw diet to their cats that includes beef, chicken, tuna, and other raw meets. So why would you think it was weird to feed a rat or mouse to a cat? What do you think are the ingredients in dry and canned foods? How do you think we feed our cats? Cats are a domesticated animal, not all of them know how to kill (which has already been mentioned in this thread). We as humans have removed an animal from the wild (albeit thousands of years ago), and now we have made it our duty to properly care for an animal. What better way than to feed a food that's as close to natural as possible?
Dont get me wrong, im not against it. I only find it weird because ive never heard of it before. Everyone I know who owns cats just feeds them regular cat food. I didnt know there were people out there who auctually FEED mice to their cats. I see that as more of a snake thing, im just not used to it.

kittytales

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by maralum

Hello all,

I was just wondering, if I'm feeding raw or dry for one feed, can I feed one or two mice for her dinner? Maybe a rat pup once in a while? Would this be healthy enough?

Thanks for reading, any answers appreciated. Mara and Miss Lola.
More power to ya! Wish I could stomach it. Kidney and rodents make me

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maralum

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks again to all who've replied. It's nice to get so many answers. I'll try her with a couple of thawed mice and see how she does, if it goes well, I'll order some gerbils, hamsters, rats, quails, birds etc.

I'll pick up this thread again once we've given it a go and I'll let you know how it all went.

Thanks especially to Amber the Bobcat - it's good to get advice from a pro!

I think I'll have to feed her outside as sadie from sadieandziggy (RIP Ziggy
) did mention that Lola may well drag the carcasses all around the house! If it goes well, I have an internal room that I'm willing to turn into a "food room". I'll put down vinyl flooring and use washable paint, then she can be as savage as she wishes!

ethereal

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by maralum

Thanks again to all who've replied. It's nice to get so many answers. I'll try her with a couple of thawed mice and see how she does, if it goes well, I'll order some gerbils, hamsters, rats, quails, birds etc.

I'll pick up this thread again once we've given it a go and I'll let you know how it all went.

Thanks especially to Amber the Bobcat - it's good to get advice from a pro!

I think I'll have to feed her outside as sadie from sadieandziggy (RIP Ziggy
) did mention that Lola may well drag the carcasses all around the house! If it goes well, I have an internal room that I'm willing to turn into a "food room". I'll put down vinyl flooring and use washable paint, then she can be as savage as she wishes!
!!! People feed their cats gerbils and hamsters too? Dang, I used to have 2 pet hamsters. Sorry, I just find it weird!