Can I ask you to cross your fingers for me please?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You guys are the best, you know that? I'm off to see the phlebotomist (silly posh words) in a little while so that he can stick a load of pins in me to draw blood. I hate getting blood taken because it usually leaves me bruised where they have to keep trying to find a vein. Still, I live in hope that this man can find one straight off
ah, to be cursed with veins that know when to hide! can't say I'm looking forward to it, but when I saw the doctor the other day he said I wouldn't have to wait too long for results to come back - thankfully it'll only be a couple of days and not a whole two weeks as it is in some practises around here.

Oh by the way, when I read this thread this morning I noticed there are more and more signatures that have piccies of really beautiful pussycats.... perhaps I should have one made of all my little wooden ornaments for the time-being! Aren't we lucky to have fuzzy friends like these?

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, we certainly are fortunate, Emma! I hope your appt goes very well this morning and that your Phlebotomist get a vein on the first stick! How wonderful that your test results will be in so quickly!
We'll be right here waiting with you! Please let us know how this morning goes!

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Emma, I'm sorry to hear that you are poorly!
I had Glandular Fever when I was younger and what you describe sounds pretty similar. It sucks, doesn't it?!

I hope your tests go well and you find out what is wrong! Hopefully it's not M.E. or Glandular Fever or anything!

Sending LOADS of 'GO AWAY POORLINESS, OR ELSE!' }}}VIBES{{{

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
heeheehee well they've already ruled out glandular fever - I'm prone to throat infections (which is now nearly gone thanks to the wonders of penecillin) - it's the underlying root cause of that and all my other symptoms they want to discover and address. So I had blood taken this morning - for once I had a nurse who used a vein she could see properly, instead of fishing for one in a place their textbooks would want them to - so they got blood on the first attempt. I've still bruised, but I don't feel like a pincushion this time! And yeah Sarah, you're right, it does suck. I've been sucking soup through a straw for days! I had my first solid meal today because I could swallow again! Yay! It also meant I could sneak a piece of chocolate easter egg, which made everything better