Can human take medication for cats?

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I understand.  I saw my father use Albuterol on a dog by puffing it into a paper bag and I saw him use Spirit of Ether to kill ear mites but I still wouldn't do those things myself unless I talked to a vet first.

I love my cat and I don't want to hurt him. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

stephymeow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you very much for the information Catpack, at least I know there's still other medication we can try.

I hope the oral famciclovir will calm the virus soon. It's frustrating. 

Do you know if there's also C felis and Mycoplasma in him or in his eyes, will the virus go dormant with famciclovir?

Or can C felis and Mycoplasma cause cornea problem too? I really worry about that, since our vets can't tell.

And I daren't add all the medications the same time, I worry about his liver and kidney too, and he's old.

I'm lost. I try to figure out what's going on even in my dream. And that why I try to use my serum on him, I just want a  back up plan. He's taking too much piles.How can I help him?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

stephymeow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
  • Hi Caspers Human,
  • No need to say sorry. I'm grateful for all the reply. I know you are trying to help us.
  • All I want is to thank you. Forgive my poor English level. There's no much information in our language, so I have to go English. And my poor English do cause misunderstanding.
  • I just tried to find a alternative choice or a back up plan for my old cat.
  • He may heal in 1 or 2 weeks, or maybe there's still a long way to go for us. I'd like to worry about it before it's too late. There's no such capable vets around us, so everything seems so complex.
  • He caught flu this winter, it's long time ago, in November. Then there's his eyes problems.
  • I'm not sure if he never covered from the flu, which make the situation complicated. Or it's just a flare up. Since he stopped sneezing and the discharge(like water) from his nose himself without any treatment. But he has noisy breathing, and I can feel the lymph node on his neck (right side). The FHV may combine with other thing now, I'm not sure at all.
   And so do our vets. There's no test or swab can be done. They diagnose by symptom. 

And due to their previous misdiagnose from December( blood drop from nose) till February(eye problem),

I don't think I can count on them. So I try to figure out myself.

The high dose may not cause another trouble in short term. But we can't tell if there's C felis and Mycoplasma in him,

since it may be chronic.I don't know if the virus is the only cause of his eye problem. I really worry if the oral famciclovir

won't work along to calm the virus, and maybe that means he should on high dose for long term, and take more antibiotic medications too.

Do you know anything about C felis and Mycoplasma? or more thing about FHV?

According to what I found, it seems C felis and Mycoplasma are often the cause of conjunctivitis, not corneal problem.

But I'm not sure if it will cause corneal problem too, if the conjunctivitis go unknown for a long time. I'm nearsighted, maybe I didn't notice it before?

The white patterns in his eyes are very similar to FHV cases, But the first ulcer in his eye is relatively deeper and whiter.

It drives me crazy. I can feel my cat's pain. And I don't know if I'm doing the right thing, or the famciclovir won't work alone, and I should give him antibiotics too.

Which seems to add more burden on his liver and kidney.

kittensgirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,

I am new here.

I just want ask if I can buy Famciclovir for my cats at Costco in Canada?

Anyone here from Canada and have experience with it?

Thank you

a cattan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Actually there are two types of herpes meds that are very similar, one can be used on cats, and one is deadly to cats,I need to research the differance, to help you ,I was advised of this by a vet about three years ago, just posting quickly to advise you not use the drug from Costco
I will follow up and get back to you, just wanted to make sure your kitty and you did not have an issue if I could be of help

A