Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cat and dog

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

KOOKIE92

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, I have a himalayan cat she's about 3 1/2 years old, I've had her for about 2 1/2. I acquired her and and a male Sylvester looking male that ran away about a month in. Honestly I couldn't ask for a better cat she's so pretty and extremely generous and always keeps me in a good mood and has a funny character.

I've recently had thoughts of adopting another cat and come across a siamese accompanied with a black cat- both kittens and about 4 months old. I've also come across an adult female that's 90 miles away and only details is she's a little skittish after "coming from a bad situation". In the past, I've had thoughts about adopting a schipperke dog when I settle in more and have time.

Now the question is- how do you think my cat Kookie will react to another companion? Is it worth It? I don't want her to feel like she's getting replaced or anything and hope theirs a step here for her to have (a) comfortable companion(s). Sometimes shes by herself for long periods of time.

Attachments

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Some cats love having feline friends to live with, and others much prefer to be only cats. It all depends on the individual. Even if they do seem to enjoy/have previously enjoyed kitty companionship, the choice of the new companion is key. Personality seems to matter more than age, but some adults do find kittenish exuberance a little hard to cope with (I know my girl does).

These articles should help you decide:-
Your Second Cat: How To Choose The Best Friend For Kitty
A Kitten Or An Older Cat - Which Should You Adopt?
How To Choose A Cat Breeder
Kittens For Sale
The Multi-cat Household
How To Successfully Introduce Cats: The Ultimate Guide
Do Cats Get Jealous? (and What To Do About It When They Do)
How To Safely Introduce A Cat And A Dog

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
LOL, Columbine Columbine has taken the words right off of my fingertips! And additionally, some cats do better with other cats while other cats get along better with dogs. It's a bit of a crap-shoot, but with the articles at your fingertips, you will be much better informed in making the decision. OH, and do let us know what you decide, and if you get a companion (or two) we'll want photos (even if it's the dog!).