Can food problems

jeannie15

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have 2 male fixed black cats that are approximately two years old. Seems like every time I feed them can cat food, they throw up. I think sometimes they overeat because it tastes so good and it's too much food @ once so then they can't digest all of the food, so that's why they throw it up. For a minute I thought my cats were bulimic.
Any suggestions or ideas as to why they almost always throw up after eating can cat food?
I used to feed them 2 cans of cat food but since I have just been giving them 1 can plus switching the kind of can cat food, the vomiting has been less

the3rdname

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If they're vomiting every time they eat the food (or nearly every time), it could be a sensitivity or allergy to an ingredient in the food.  In my experience, adding enzymes to canned food makes it more easily digestible, but, if it were me, I'd try something grain-free with limited ingredients.  They really shouldn't be regurgitating wet food.  Dry food eaten too quickly can definitely pose a problem, but wet food should go down pretty easy.  

Are your kitties indoors only?  

rlavach

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Also, are the cats throwing up right after eating, or does it happen hours later? If its right after, its regurgitation & the causes of that can differ from vomiting which usually happens later after eating. 

I also have a cat who eats his food too fast & regurgitates within 10 minutes of eating. I purchased a slow feed bowl from amazon (similar to this: ). It really slows down how fast he can eat it & he very rarely regurgitates now. If it still happens after that, then it could be an ingredient in the food that is causing it, like the previous poster stated.