Can feel kittens moving

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That's right. The only nipple kittens with a mom will take is mom's. That's why I said in my above post that unless they will lap it from a dish, at 3 weeks old you'll have to syringe it.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How is the supplementing going? Did you get the hang of using the syringe? The runt is the one who needs it most.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittymommyof2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes I did get the hang of it they are 4 1/2 weeks now and all are eating out of a dish. Almost are a pound and a couple ounces and the runt is 15 ounces. I am strictly feeding wet canned kitten food. Mixed with the kmr. They are all turning into little pigs and we are going through 3 cans a day. Mom nurses them after we are now working on box training them and we have good homes for 3 of them the other two will be staying with me. Moms spaying is scheduled for right after Christmas I don't want to fix her till after they are 8 weeks. Invade it will cause her to stop nursing. I need to pick up other liter for them as they try to eat what we have what is the best kind of liter to use. I saw a clay based one is what is recommended. The runt is now thriving. He fought us on the syringe so we mixed with a little wet food and finger feed him for a few days a few times a day.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It's good to hear they are all doing so well. You've done a fantastic job! Any non-clumping litter is good to use until they stop trying to eat it. :)