Can Feel Kittens Moving And Cat Fights

kittiekate89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Posted earlier about an outdoor cat we care for being pregnant.
We dont have the 250-400$ our vet wants for a visit sadly so we have no clue how far along she is. But as I an laying with her or petting her I can feel movement in her lower abdomen so pretty sure those are the kittens moving
If so, how far along would she be??

Plus, is it normal for other cats (male) to want to mess with her while pregnant?? Pretty sure he is a male, but this one black cat keeps picking fights with her and tonight was soo bad I let her in the house for a bit.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She can actually get pregnant by multiple males all at once. Where are you located? Maybe we can find a low cost option near you. $250-400 for what exactly??? Many places will spay for under $70

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittiekate89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
250-400 for an exam and xray/ultrasound.
At this point I do not want to spay her until she gives birth and kittens are weaned.
A local petfix will spay her for $25.
But for now my main focus is keeping her safe during the remainder of her pregnancy

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I mean, I suppose you don't NEED an ultrasound? I mean in a perfect world sure, but really I don't think it is necessary. I believe if you are feeling the kittens she is close to the end. Just get her set up, keep her indoors, and be prepared for whatever happens! Good luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittiekate89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks!!
We have a large cage I'm going to set up in our garage tomorrow.
A black male cat keeps messing with her and instead that male cats will kill the kittens so going to try and keep her and these babies safe as I can!

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mom needs to be inside 100% of the time from now until she has been spayed. She can get pregnant again within a week of delivery

Thank you for taking care of her!