Can Cats Discolor Your Sweatpants?

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So my wife says "I think I know why you have two pairs of sweatpants with discloration in the thighs. I read that when some people sweat, and touch their sweatpants, it can discolor them."

I then look down at my beast-covered lap and something clicks.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Cats don't sweat, and unless they are peeing on you, I don't see how they would exude enough of anything to cause fabric coloring to bleed. But a cat sitting on your lap may cause you to sweat which could affect the coloring. So, I guess technically speaking you could say your cat is discoloring your sweatpants. :tongue:

But, if it is something that just started happening, why now? Are these by any chance new sweatpants that weren't washed before you put them on? Maybe they are a brand that isn't colorfast treated, and so washed or not, the dye is bleeding when exposed to body oils/secretions.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats don't sweat, and unless they are peeing on you, I don't see how they would exude enough of anything to cause fabric coloring to bleed. But a cat sitting on your lap may cause you to sweat which could affect the coloring. So, I guess technically speaking you could say your cat is discoloring your sweatpants. :tongue:

But, if it is something that just started happening, why now? Are these by any chance new sweatpants that weren't washed before you put them on? Maybe they are a brand that isn't colorfast treated, and so washed or not, the dye is bleeding when exposed to body oils/secretions.
I've started wearing sweatpants more because I'm retired and dont give a crap. Thats about the only change. It sounds plaussible that my 12.9 pound cat is making my legs sweat some (although I've never felt it). For as big as he is, he is a lap ninja. I can say not now, put him down 2 or 3 times, then I'm reading something on the internet and look down and there he is.

Definitely not pee since its even on both legs and not blotchy. So the sweat theory seems right to me.