Can anyone tell me sex of my kitten plz

Leanne.1308

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi there we adopted our new kitten last week, she is 19 weeks old and is supposed to be female but I'm not sure if she is actually a he lol, will attach photo. Tia x

Attachments

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
It is always tricky to determine the sex of a kitten, but rule of thumb would be: If it looks like an upside down exclamation point with the long slit of the vaginal area below the anus, then it's a female, which to me looks like the one in the photo. :)

Some here with more knowledge may reply. Congrats on your new kitty. :redheartpump:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Leanne.1308

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It is always tricky to determine the sex of a kitten, but rule of thumb would be: If it looks like an upside down exclamation point with the long slit of the vaginal area below the anus, then it's a female, which to me looks like the one in the photo. :)

Some here with more knowledge may reply. Congrats on your new kitty. :redheartpump:
Thank you! Just noticed this morning there appears to be something poking out the wee hole thought it was a winky and panicked ahha

Leanne.1308

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Here is better picture :)

received_233285725100648.jpeg

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It’s a female, and it looks like she has poop on her tail. You’ll want to help her keep herself clean since she’s a long-hair! :)

Leanne.1308

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It’s a female, and it looks like she has poop on her tail. You’ll want to help her keep herself clean since she’s a long-hair! :)
Okay thank you :) and it's not poop just checked it's just her fur around her butt hole is a darker color lol 🙈🙈

Leanne.1308

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Okay so posted on another site and every single person has said male so more confused lol will just need to wait till next week when we have vets for a check up lol

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Floofy kitties are hard, and tabbies tend to have dark markings that can make things confusing. I partly want to say female because it looks like a slit plus testicles should be more obvious at this age, and partyl want to say male because there sure seems to be a lot of room between the anus and the genitals, and in between could possibly be baby testicles.

So, yeah, have the vet take a look. Much easier in person than in pictures.

Leanne.1308

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Floofy kitties are hard, and tabbies tend to have dark markings that can make things confusing. I partly want to say female because it looks like a slit plus testicles should be more obvious at this age, and partyl want to say male because there sure seems to be a lot of room between the anus and the genitals, and in between could possibly be baby testicles.

So, yeah, have the vet take a look. Much easier in person than in pictures.
Yeah its so confusing! I wouldn't even have noticed any different if it wasn't for something poking out the wee hole 🙊🤣

Zeyneb

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I can say your kitty most definitely looks like a "he" :) Has your vet concluded on the sex yet?