Can A Pregnant Cat Still Go Into Heat?

Mommyof03

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
C6227CDB-005A-47AA-ADB6-5BF8FD18CA56.jpeg
95699347-0E70-4109-9671-8F7A507BD9C9.jpeg
Hello
Is it possible for a pregnant cat to go into heat?
I was pretty positive she is pregnant since she has the swollen red boobs, (i am attaching pictures) and i saw her throw up once last week. To my calculations she is 5 1/2 weeks. She also feels heavier to me.
For about 2 days now I noticed she is in heat. Is that possible? Can cats go into heat while pregnant? Anyone had this happen with their cat?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
They don’t usually. It may just be her pregnancy hormones, or if she’s having a “false” pregnancy, she may actually be in heat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mommyof03

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
They don’t usually. It may just be her pregnancy hormones, or if she’s having a “false” pregnancy, she may actually be in heat.
Thank you Sarthur2
She seems to be in heat because she rubs herself against everything and she puts her butt up ‍♀
Im going to take her tomorrow to the vet to confirm what’s going on. But i was curious to know if anyone has seen their cat go into heat while pregnant.

NicoleLane23

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Might have a similar situation going on. Wondering what your vet said. Was she pregnant?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Its not that common but fully possible. We know it happens, because there happens two different litters simultaneously, born 3-4 weeks apart. With a little luck, both healthy and well... I know this for sure, one of my neighbours had her cat from such a second litter...

Its rare among serious breeders, because they know how to separate cats and their matings. But among owners of moggies and barn cats this happens now and then.