Camping Food

zak&rocky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom's fam goes camping as a huge group. They are crazy but now have it down to a science, including master pack lists and grocery shopping lists for when they get there!
Anyway, big hits are hotdogs, hamburgs, steak, and potatoes all cooked over the fire. Of course smores!
Coleman hits are dinty more stew, lobster, spaghetti, eggs, pancakes. Also fruit is good. This is assuming you have a cooler and access to grocery store. Make sure you secure your food from the animals at night. Two words: Bungee cords around the cooler.

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! I LOVE camping!!!!!
I LOVE grilled No Name steaks with onions and mushrooms, (great for camping cuz they're sealed individually) hot dogs, scrambled eggs with hot dogs cut up in them, camper potatoes, smore's, baked potatoes wrapped in aluminum foil and baked in the fire, grilled corn on the cob, blueberry pancakes....OMG the list is endless! And it all tastes extra good when you're outside!

kaleetha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

My ex and I used to go camping and we'd take chicken, cut up potatoes, and whatever else we had, usually an onion, etc, salt and pepper, throw it all together into some foil, and throw it in the coals of the fire........OH MY was that good!!!
We do that too, only we use ground hamburger and throw cream of mushroom soup over it all... mm... Hobo Stew!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by zak&rocky

Make sure you secure your food from the animals at night. Two words: Bungee cords around the cooler.
I never thought of doing that. We are just putting the coolers into the tent at night. We might have a screen tent just for food so it would be in there if we can get it from my parents before we leave tomorrow morning.