Calling Gearheads!

jean-ji

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Don't let those 10 inch wheels fool you. Off the line this little guy surprises everyone, he has a lot of torque for his mass.
It's a 76 Mini, right hand drive, I got it for the DH for Father's Day 3 years ago. It's the only car I've driven that has a manual choke. It's sporting Mini-lite mags now, instead of the dog dish hubs.

sportbikemike

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jean-ji

Don't let those 10 inche wheels fool you. Off the line this little guy surprises everyone, he has a lot of torque for his mass.
It's a 76 Mini, right hand drive, I got it for the DH for Father's Day 3 years ago. It's the only car I've driven that has a manual choke. It is sporting Mini-lite mags now, instead of the dog dish hubs.

Nice!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jean-ji

Don't let those 10 inch wheels fool you. Off the line this little guy surprises everyone, he has a lot of torque for his mass.
It's a 76 Mini, right hand drive, I got it for the DH for Father's Day 3 years ago. It's the only car I've driven that has a manual choke. It's sporting Mini-lite mags now, instead of the dog dish hubs.

its cute!!! Last car show i was at there was on. The guy that owned it was like 6'4! i was like HOW do you drive it? he said its not as bad as it looks, just takes some bending,lol

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mrblanche, that is a great car!
I have a friend that I just have to mention.
He always says it takes a real man to do chop up an old car. He did several episodes of Monster Garage, and is now designing some secret stuff for the government. My DH saw a chopped and lowered Hummer that had this guy's style all over it. Whatever he is making is already in production and being used in Iraq.
He also had a hand in the cars in the ZZ Top videos, Sharp Dressed Man, and Tush. I just cannot imagine this guy tattooed from one end to the other, still wearing his fifties hairstyle being in a secured gov facility. I bet the suits just love him. I am so proud of him. He is a gearhead to the bone.

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am a bit of a car dork
I love seeing what people can do to their cars!
We go to NOPI Nationals every year its sooo much fun! If anyone else is going to it look out for us we will be there with the Kia.

This is my boyfriends car but the one I'm in the most. But right now it is getting repainted. He has done all of the work himself, including paint. (minus the exhaust.) He's very proud of it!
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...n/100_1978.jpg
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...n/100_2442.jpg

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Liza24

omg, i do the same with kitties!! My first kitty was Turbo. I have had a Yankee theme lately with fosters. There was Posada, Yankee, Moose( for Mussina), Giambi, and georgie ( for steinbrenner).

I gre up on dirt racin, as 3 of my uncles were pure stock racers here locally. I LOVE em! Gimme a dirt track local race anyday! or even World of Outlaws. I have been to a WoO race at Charlotte, as well as the Coke-a-Cola 600. OMG i loved that place!

Im a huge Nascar fan too. I have been to ALOT of races, havent missed a race at Watkins Glen Road Course in 10 years! Have also been to Bristol, Darlington, Daytona, Pocono, Martinsville and kentucky. Im a thrill seeker, and cant wait to save my pennies to do a Petty Racin school. A few friends have done it and DAMN im jealous!,lol. You should show some of your drag pics, those are always sweet
Haha, and here we thought we were the only crazies to name our kitties after car stuff!
It's definitely unique though!

My uncles are dirt track drivers too, as well as my half-brother-in-law. So if you've ever heard of any Fornoros or a Hoffman, you'll be hearing about my family
We are also close family friends to the owners of Pocono Raceway, the Mattiolis. That absolutely floored Rob when he found out he was sitting next to them at my grandpa's memorial service reception thingy! He was bragging about it to his dad as soon as he could get on the phone

I will have to upload some pictures of my Camaro when it was working (it'll be after the weekend, since we are going to my parents' house in Kannapolis right after work), the first time we brought it to the track. All the other pictures I have are of our stock, 210,000 mile Integra at the strip
And we definitely beat people with that car, too! It was quite entertaining.

I've never been to a Nascar race before, even with my parents living right outside of Lowes Motor Speedway for the last 4 years! I dont think my dad has made it to one yet either, and he's a die-hard Nascar fan! (As you can see, my entire family is racing-oriented
My mom was even a scorer at one point, and my grandpa was both a driver and a flagger - even at Indy for the Indy 500 in 93? I believe). And some people wonder why I like cars

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love your Ducati! Aren't those mad fast?
We looked at one of those before we bought the Goldwing. We sold a '71 Superglide HD to get it. The Superglide hated me. Every time I got near it, she would sling parts, especially shifters. My DH had vise grips for a shifter for the last 4 years we had her. The Wing runs sooooo good and is so comfy. I will probably have another Harley.

sportbikemike

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by krazy kat2

I love your Ducati! Aren't those mad fast?
We looked at one of those before we bought the Goldwing. We sold a '71 Superglide HD to get it. The Superglide hated me. Every time I got near it, she would sling parts, especially shifters. My DH had vise grips for a shifter for the last 4 years we had her. The Wing runs sooooo good and is so comfy. I will probably have another Harley.
Yeah she's pretty quick (0-60 in 2.7, quarter mile in 10 seconds) but I won't be able to ride all week because of a sprocket recall.
But unlike your Goldwing, the bike is not much for comfort...I've rode to St.Louis and back (220 miles) but any further than that and i'd probably be permanently hunched forward.
I've heard the Wings are pretty comfortable....cruise control and everything!

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Now that I'm back from my parents' house, (and that this thread has been revived!) here is a picture from the first time I took my car to the track, up at Piedmont Dragway in Julian, NC.

Here is my Camaro now:

I dont have any pictures of our Integra at the drag strip, but here it is, in all of it's awesome gas-mileage glory.

And then there is our Fiero:

And Rob's 86 Monte Carlo (in happier times, before it became a project):

And the final car we've got right now - an 88 Trans Am that we'll be selling once we put a drivetrain in it. Do we really need 5 cars?
We're trying to work down to 3 for now.:

sportbikemike

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Nice collection Tara! You can never have too many toys IMO. (I'm thinking of buying a 280Z I looked at today.....that would be vehicle number 5....for one person.
)

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SportBikeMike

Nice collection Tara! You can never have too many toys IMO. (I'm thinking of buying a 280Z I looked at today.....that would be vehicle number 5....for one person.
)
Thanks
And I agree, you can never have too many. Except when the people you live with start whining
My in-laws HATE it when we bring another car home. Which probably makes me enjoy it even more
When I first started dating my husband, he had 14 cars
The two of us have gone through quite a few together ... basically buy one, drive it, get rid of it. But now we're stocked up on projects and the Teggy is very reliable

I say go for the Z if you got the $$ to spare!

sportbikemike

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tara & Rob

Thanks
And I agree, you can never have too many. Except when the people you live with start whining
My in-laws HATE it when we bring another car home. Which probably makes me enjoy it even more
When I first started dating my husband, he had 14 cars
The two of us have gone through quite a few together ... basically buy one, drive it, get rid of it. But now we're stocked up on projects and the Teggy is very reliable

I say go for the Z if you got the $$ to spare!
14 cars!! Thats excellent! Looks like you picked a man with his priorities straight.
Its kinda hard to quit the addiction once you get started. There's alot of old, cool sports/ muscle cars out there for not too much money.....and Ebay and craigslist make it too easy to find them! I'll probably shoot this guy an offer for the Z and see what happens (although its the last thing I need!).