Calling all TCS SparkPeople

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sunday I get to go back to the YMCA finally and I am getting really excited about it. I really enjoy my time there, it relaxes me and it's making me healthier. I talked DH into putting "coupons" into my reward jar (that I haven't made yet). He's going to put a couple in there that say things like. "He'll run a bath for me" "He'll rub my back for 10 minutes" (I can never get him to do that so 10mins was a big thing!) "He'll cook dinner that night" etc. I also like small stuff so I figured I'd go to the dollar store and get a couple bath products like bath salt etc. and a couple little sudoku or word find books or maybe stickers (I'm like a big kid) So, I think I have my reward jar figured out. I think I will give myself a reward for losing 10 pounds. And one if I go to the YMCA atleast 3 times in a week. I might set other goals for myself like I did for walking 10 miles before the end of summer. (I got to 9 1/2 but was super super proud of myself)

So... any goals yet guys?

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
getting there is part of the battle!!
I figure we'd all "officially" start about Monday or the 1st of January anways, I know most people like a date or week day to start on to keep track of things.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to the YMCA Sunday like I told myself I was going to.

I worked really hard and did the treadmill, AB Crunch Machine, Back Extension Machine, Arm Extension Machine, Arm Curl Machine, Overhead Press Machine, Seated Leg Press Machine, and swam for 30 minutes and then sat in the Whirlpool for about 10. I also did all my stretches. I didn't get my food numbers up to where thet should have been cuz I missed dinner, got too late then I didn't want to eat so late and I just went to bed.... I realyy could have used a lot more protein in my day, but.. I drank extra milk, so that helped some. How's it going guys? New Years Eve Plans???

pipersjo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, I just joined TCSer's. I am not quite ready to actually do anything about my weight- fell off the bandwagon BIG TIME
-but I have joined the group so I will be ready!

sillyitiliangrl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just joined TCSers!!!

I'm so psyched about this, espically with my upcomming wedding! I fell off the weight loss band wagon HARD for the holidays, but I did good before that (25lb loss). I've ony gained back 3-5lbs since I've been off my program. Can't WAIT to hit the Gym Wednesday!

badninjakitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
OK, I'm jumping on the wagon with y'all. I am little bit reluctant, because I have always been heavy and have tried really hard for a really long time with no results. So I eventually gave up on it. But I am ready to try again! I know what a wonderful group of people I have found here and I know that y'all will encourage and uplift each other (and me too!)

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When you are working hard, even if you don't lose weight or size you are making yourself healthier. You are strengthening your heart, your lungs, and making your mood improve. Keep at it and your body will follow!!