Call me crazy but I keep hearing beeping from the walls

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I been hearing this beeping for the past day in my room and heard the beeps randomly in my moms room and the kitchen my room beeps are every 15 seconds the beeps are different tones and from different locatins yes I raided my room but didn't see anything odd anyone hav a ideawhat it could be? I'm about to go nuts and it ain't the fire detecters

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It could be any electronic device that is running out of battery power, like a voltage detector, moisture meter (in the wall), alarm clock with battery backup, just to name a few. Check your tool box and junk drawers. How long have you lived there?

The crazy part is electronic beeps are square sound waves, so it's pretty impossible to detect which direction the sound is coming from. It could even be a neighbor's smoke detector even though it really, really sounds like it is coming from your house.

There was an episode about this on Modern Family and they found old smoke detectors in the attic.
 Or maybe you have a prankster in the house? http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/b278/?srp=5

Last edited:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Well, that lets out my idea.....fire or smoke detectors. 
That's what I was going to say too. I had that happen once, & discovered it was my smoke detector in the hall way. I'm in an old house, turned apartment, so the one in the hall is electric, & in the wall.  I ended up calling my landlord, & he did something to it, can't remember, was so many years ago. The light is still on it though, so I know it works.  Good luck, I hope you find it!   Do you know anyone who does home inspections? That would be a good person to call.  

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I live in a trailer i only hear the beeps in my room and no my cats arent investagating it they look around and give me this crazy look like make it stop lol i think its driving them nuts and i dont have a prankster in my house and i been in this trailer for about 2 weeks because the trailer we was in for 4 mos which is next door it has electric problems one of the outlets went on fire so we asked the trailer park workers if we can tranfer to a different trailer and they let us we took my brothers trailer he wasnt using lol the old trailer never had beeps could the trailer park people could of planted a listining device in the wall?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No not as far as i know he had all his stuff in the frontroom

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wouldn't worry about a planted listening device - no way would it let you know it's there. Since you haven't lived there very long, it really sounds like someone left an electronic device that is now running out of battery power - it could have slipped down somewhere, been lost and forgotten. It could even be coming from your brother's stuff, like I said before, you can't tell where the sound is coming from. How annoying.

p.s. I'm glad you got out of the old trailer, yikes!

Last edited:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I live in a trailer i only hear the beeps in my room and no my cats arent investagating it they look around and give me this crazy look like make it stop lol i think its driving them nuts and i dont have a prankster in my house and i been in this trailer for about 2 weeks because the trailer we was in for 4 mos which is next door it has electric problems one of the outlets went on fire so we asked the trailer park workers if we can tranfer to a different trailer and they let us we took my brothers trailer he wasnt using lol the old trailer never had beeps could the trailer park people could of planted a listining device in the wall?
LOL, I highly doubt it.  If the trailer you were in had an electrical problem, I would call the maintenance  people to check things out, to be on the safe side as far as anything electrical. You don't want a repeat occurrence. 

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know about your area. . .but here, all rentals (and a lot of trailers are rentals) need to have hardwired smoke detectors. Maybe someone disconnected the hardwired detector and whatever it was wired to is beeping, or maybe the people who did the wiring tossed the old battery-operated one in the wall and the batteries are just now dying. Hope you find it soon! I can't stand beeping things.